Diesel Dump Valve!

There isn't a point. It's merely for 'the noise'. Forge do/did manufacture one and even they made this point!

But to include such drivel in the sales pitch is just complete garbage....

To eliminate compressor surge when changing gears. Excessive back pressure is created when the throttle is closed during gear changes or deceleration, causing turbo cavitation. The dump valve must flow enough to eliminate compressor surge. This helps boost response between gear changes intern reducing wear.

Compressor surge? Reducing wear? Turbo 'cavitation' ?!? What a load of.............

Do they even know what cavitation means? Don't see how it would apply to the forced induction of a gas myself. 'Cavitation occurs when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure causing the formation of cavities in the lower pressure regions of the liquid.'

Fair enough, sell them to people who want the noise, but don't baffle them thinking they're getting something they're not.

There isn't a point. It's merely for 'the noise'. Forge do/did manufacture one and even they made this point!

But to include such drivel in the sales pitch is just complete garbage....

[/color][/size]

Compressor surge? Reducing wear? Turbo 'cavitation' ?!? What a load of.............

Do they even know what cavitation means? Don't see how it would apply to the forced induction of a gas myself. 'Cavitation occurs when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure causing the formation of cavities in the lower pressure regions of the liquid.'

Fair enough, sell them to people who want the noise, but don't baffle them thinking they're getting something they're not.

Now Steve , as with most modifications it is to the preference of the person with the money in their hand

Me myself , yes I have had a diesel dump valve....why?

Because I myself as an opinion thought that they sounded superb!!!!!!

So good in fact , I now live with the person the developed the diesel dump valve for Forge :D

As for that speil....I dont know who added that , but I have seen the paperwork that was done on the develpment of the vale....it was very intense

Now the good thing about modding cars is that you get a car to your choice...not someone elses

That is what I loved about working in the modding industry

Sarah

Edited by TissMe
  • Like 1

Hi Sarah - Of course, I don't for one minute have an issue with modifications for personal preference. And you did it for the noise it makes. Absolutely fine - the one correct reason you would fit one emoticon-0148-yes.gif

The point I was making is when something like that gets sold on false facts, that it's doing something that it isn't.

I know Forge put a lot of work into theirs. But as of 2009 they no longer made it. Honest straightforward question - does Mark know why that is? :)

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. hope the job is still going well for you, along with the much shortened commute!

• Like 1

Hi Sarah - Of course, I don't for one minute have an issue with modifications for personal preference. And you did it for the noise it makes. Absolutely fine - the one correct reason you would fit one emoticon-0148-yes.gif

The point I was making is when something like that gets sold on false facts, that it's doing something that it isn't.

I know Forge put a lot of work into theirs. But as of 2009 they no longer made it. Honest straightforward question - does Mark know why that is? :)

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. hope the job is still going well for you, along with the much shortened commute!

I Steve

Oh the job is great :D I do enjoy the extra few hours per day too , and am saving approx £300 per month too with no travelling to work

I myself know the reason why Forge dont make them anymore , as I was one that pushed for them staying

It was the cost of the ECU`s that they used in thie kits

The kit was designed to remember the way it was run

Mark did say that they could be switched off too , so granny on her trim was not listening to the noise

So it was one that remembered the driving style

Mark did say that the comment contradicted itself.....he did say that the boost was not held for long too

Oh when he gets going ......he turn anorachy!!!! LOL

But loves him anyway

So hey , so good to see you still on here and keeping us all on our toes

How`s you?

See you still keep Awesome on their toes too.....well done you ;)

Sarah

But surly fitting this would make the diesel VRS sound like the coolest tractor at the show!!! All the other farmers must get jealous.

Too cool for this school B)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm surpirsed the dump valves even work properly given that the diesels have a VNT turbo so just stop producing boost when they no longer need.

Surely it will only work on fixed turbos that carry on producing boost after it's needed and so have excess boost to vent?

Phil

Surely it will only work on fixed turbos that carry on producing boost after it's needed and so have excess boost to vent?

Even fixed geometry turbos since the 90's have boost control using ecu controlled wastegate position with vacuum/electrical actuators.

Dump valves will interfere with boost regulation causing excessive turbo lag and in the case of diesels, likely to trigger limp home mode.

A reprogrammed ecu is required to prevent this and they only makes vague sense with racing tuned engines.

Edited by xman

• 1 month later...
Excessive back pressure is created when the throttle is closed during gear changes or deceleration, causing turbo cavitation. The dump valve must flow enough to eliminate compressor surge.

A throttle valve on a diesel. What's one of those?

How come this conversation never continued?

Because the air sucking noise in the videos above has a certain appeal. Could live with that long term.

Dump valves also have an appeal, but probably just for 10 mins to me.