Dealer has taken the biscuit one to many times.

Stakeknife

Hi all,

right, this garage has messed me around one to many times. All started when I saw one of their cars and put a deposit on it. Was going to part ex the Octavia untill they told me their stupid offer so I refused and said ill sell it private. Anyhow a week later I got impatient and rang up to accept the agreed offer. Went down and voila, they offered me £800 less than their first offer despite getting a 9/10 on the Octavia. Ok I was annoyed but couldnt do anything. 1-0 to dealer.

Car got MOT and then they realised they or someone lost the V5. So fast forward 4weeks of waiting and different stories of, "oh should be here tomorrow" "previous owner has gone on holiday" " Its getting sent here now" "Previous owner is cuckoo and isnt letting us have it". (I did get a courtesy car though), No phone calls returned, so im getting mad at this point.

Car had a few marks and niggles, which I was promised would be sorted (and not with a touch up pen), so obviousley the magic pen came out and then everything else got left.

So amazingly this V5 turns up (we did complain to the the manager by this point).

Go to pick the car up, was so fed up of waiting I accepted it was what it was, noticed on the V5 the car details were incorrect, as in club edition 150 auto, when it was a Vectra Sri v6 manual. "Oh ill ring up tomorrow and sort it so its changed for when you get the new V5".

Btw he filled the V5 out on my behalf and had already sent it off.

So guess what, V5 comes in my name with the Club 150 Auto details still on and 3 previous owners......... hang on, I asked twice how many previous owners and was told 1.

That pushed me to far, soooo do I have a leg to stand on, in getting my money back, as all this was "his word, not in writing"

Lesson learned.

Do the 3 owners belong to the Club 150 or the SRi?

You let that go on far too long IMO, as soon as the V5 was "missing" I would have walked away, and I certainly would not have taken the car away with an incorrect V5, or with agreed work not completed.

If the SRi really does have 3 previous owners, then the car is not as described and you can get your money back. Contact Consumer Direct ASAP, tell them the whole story and they can advise you.

Never ever do business with that garage again.

Thanks for the reply. They refused to give me my deposit back (£500) so gave them a chance and waited.

I have the old slip part of the V5 which said Club 150 auto, so I presume its always been incorrect.

When it goes on that long, I just wanted the dam thing, (it is still a decent car), just wish they were honest, and I trusted them since its a large garage (Perrys Vauxhall).

It's not uncommon for a dealer not to have the v5 document... However if that was me I would have smashed up stuff till they gave me my £500 back and then stuffed the managers head through the showroom window...

So you think i have some rights for a refund based on the fact they didn't tell me the truth about the owners. Would like to see what signature is on the v5 I've never seen.

What's unusual about the 3.0? The power compared to the capacity?

Thanks for the replies guys.

What's unusual about the 3.0? The power compared to the capacity?

Thanks for the replies guys.

It is unusual in the sense that not many Vectras where built with the 3.0 engine, I quite liked it. I drove a few thousand miles in a Signum with that engine.

Sorry to hear about your dealers performance, is it a main franchise dealer?

When it goes on that long, I just wanted the dam thing, (it is still a decent car), just wish they were honest, and I trusted them since its a large garage (Perrys Vauxhall).

Ah, there's the issue. :thumbdown: Not had good dealings with Perrys (albeit Ford, mostly). Which branch is it?

I walked out of a Toyota dealership after they tried to give me a similar line.

They were claiming it was their car, that they had the V5 with 1 owner shown, and a full Toyota service; but they didnt have it to hand.

What the lying git didnt realise was that I had requested the car be brought from ANOTHER Toyota dealership so I could look at it; and I KNEW it had only part Toyota service history and FIVE owners, because all the correct details were on the Toyota UK website!!

It was doubly bad for the dealership, we owned four other examples of this car, we know every foible and specification and what to look for, so trying to BS us meant they lost all of our servicing and repair contracts on the other cars.

A year later they lost their dealership as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can give the car back if they advised you of the wrong number of owners. Rik_t bought a Pug 207 a couple of months ago and they did the same to him, they told him it only had 1 owner and faffed around with getting the log book. The garage eventually admitted they made a mistake and he rejected the car :thumbup:

Make sure your keeping records of all of your dealings with the garage (names of people you talk to/times/dates/action agreed), it will all help your case should you need to take it to CAB or such like.

If you have the car on finance also make the finance company aware of the situation and ask them for their advise :thumbup: