Android and the RSAP app

Its a common HTC problem. My Windows 6.5 based HTC Mini Pro does that as well as my brother's HTC Desire. I've now ditched my RSAP-only unit in my Octavia for the latest revision of the Bluetooth kit that also supports normal phones. It made the HTC Mini Pro slightly more reliable in connecting to the car but still get dropouts. Just got a new SonyEricsson Xpreria Mini Pro now which I've yet to try in the car.

I've been using the rSAP app on my desire for the last 4 months, I'd say it works 95% of the time, with the other 5% being solved by restarting the phone.

I've certainly not had any issues once it has connected. If it's going to have an issue it won't connect properly in the first place

Have a Columbus unit in both our cars. Had a HTC Desire HD but would only work on bluetooth (no Rsap) so replaced it with the Galaxy S2 and that works fine, not had any drop outs, address book updates when required. Very happy with the Samsung

Have a Columbus unit in both our cars. Had a HTC Desire HD but would only work on bluetooth (no Rsap) so replaced it with the Galaxy S2 and that works fine, not had any drop outs, address book updates when required. Very happy with the Samsung

I too have a Desire HD and it works perfectly happily in the Hands Free Protocol (HFP) mode as the phone does not have RSAP. But I am quite happy with that.

With HFP I can look at my phone book and the sent and received calls list, which is all I need.

As far as I can tell, the only real advantage in connecting via RSAP is that you can read texts on the MaxiDot. I can live without that. But RSAP also has a disadvantage in that it kills the data reception to your phone (it effectively makes a smart phone a dumb one), so no emails, map downloads (therefore no Google Maps etc).

Pros and Cons.

I use the rSAP app with my Desire & it works really well. The thing that causes disconnects is Google contacts so for that reason I don't have any. Deleted the contacts from my Google account and turned of syncing on the phone. Voila, perfect!