DIY Satellite dish install

Jonny5ive

I always see the kits in Aldi/Lidls. Comes with a dish and reciever. Never got one but always been tempted. Could try Maplin too

+1 they usually sell the signal meter thing at the same time that lets you know where to point the disk.

Aldi did it in June. Might be worth having a look round some store to see if there are any left kicking around

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week22Thursday11.htm

bound to be someone on here that already has one of the signal meters. :D that lives a bit closer than me :D

me :rofl:

Worth buying a copy of WotSat (What Satellite) magazine. Loads of kit and info out there.

If you've got a dish, the cable and the freesat box then I have a signal meter you can borrow if you want... I bought it when I moved into my current house last year and it hasn't been used since...

If you've got a dish, the cable and the freesat box then I have a signal meter you can borrow if you want... I bought it when I moved into my current house last year and it hasn't been used since...

Got the Freesat box, so am I right in thinking I need just the dish and the cabling then?

I'm happy to cover postage of the signal meter that'd be great :thumbup:

Got the Freesat box, so am I right in thinking I need just the dish and the cabling then?

I'm happy to cover postage of the signal meter that'd be great :thumbup:

That's all you should need, you may be able to find a kit that has dish and cable, but if not, then the cable isn't that expensive...

Might not need to worry about postage, Hinckley isn't that far out of the way for me when going to various customers so may be able to sort out a time to drop it off on the way home one evening...

Let me know when you have dish and cable etc and we can sort something out...

That's all you should need, you may be able to find a kit that has dish and cable, but if not, then the cable isn't that expensive...

Might not need to worry about postage, Hinckley isn't that far out of the way for me when going to various customers so may be able to sort out a time to drop it off on the way home one evening...

Let me know when you have dish and cable etc and we can sort something out...

Got the whole New kit Dish , fixing bolts , cable , clips and quad LNB all for £27 on ebay and that included postage .