For Sale - 16" Spiders x 4 @ £200

PastyBoy

Simpler and easier than buying 17's and having to worry about tyres sizes.

Just buy these, take them to a tyre fitter, take the rubber off your standard wheels and put onto these.

Job done! :D

Fully refurbed to silver by my own fair hand.

2 or 3 of the rims had had serious incidents with nasty kerbs so there has been a bit of filling and repairing but all wheels are straight and unbuckled.

I'll hold my hands up and say they're not immaculate but i'd say they are 95% perfect

Looking for £200 collected in person or by your courier

Or can bring to Castle Combe for the meet on Sep 10th if necessary (would be the prompt I need to actually get them finished! :D)

Any questions let me know :thumbup:

yeah i knew pictures woudl be instantly requested but as yet i've not finished the refurb :D

I'll get some snaps taken of them as they stand (primer grey) and posted up later on.

As an alternative if anyone fancies black ones rather than silver I'd keep the silver ones swap the rubber over and flog on the black ones which are currently on my car ;)

Although for comparison if you have any pics of the black ones too that would be helpful

Have a look here it contains everything i did at the begining of the year to create my current black wheels.

Which is the same i am carrying out on the silver ones at present (and shows the damaged i've repaired)

ok so heres how they stand as of when i got home tonight

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

The mark on that bottom left spoke of the final picture is where i leant in the primer before it was dry :doh: so will sand straight out

up (super) close there are a couple of flaws

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

but did you notice them in the first pictures?

Did you heck as like!!

Bear in mind that since these pics were taken this coat of primer has been sanded down with 240 grit wet'n'dry and another coat applied.

That will be sanded with 400 grit

then another coat of primer

then 600 grit

then 2 or 3 coats of siver goes down (with more sanding if necessary)

then 2 or 3 coasts of clear lacquer

then 2 or 3 coats of sealant. PHEW!

So the flaws should hopefully has been rectified by the time they are finished ;)

Does the price include the Carpet underlay ??

lol actually it's packing foam from computer chip boxes but i could chuck it in if you really really wanted it :D

What about your foot? Does that come with them too? :rofl:

i'll chuck that the foam and the tarmac in with the rims for a special deal ;)

will post back once the rims are finished probably this time next week

did a quadruple header last night due to the missus being out :D

sanded - primed - dried - sanded - primed - dried - sanded - wiped down - frist coat of silver

have checked them this morning and they look sweet as!

1 fine sand and 2 coats of primer later and

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

yeah ok they look kinda the same but thats just the pictures

In the flesh (or should that be metal) they are glossy glossy

Am away now for a couple of nights and a busy weekend but hopefully will get a couple of coats of sealer/wax on them early next week and they are good to go just before i go away on holiday

Rich drop me a PM about waht you wanna do about paying me :thumbup:

ok so they are now done and here goes

IMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

personally i'm super happy with them and the other half desperately wants me to swap them for the black ones on my car at the moment, and i would if i could be bothered to get the rubber swapped over :)

Once you get to super macro close up level they aren't 100% but for a DIY job i think i've done alright and i might just be being super critical

some slightly suspect final finishing

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

and i managed to drop the screwdriver i was openning the sealant tin with onto one of the wheels :doh:

IMG_4407.jpg

no idea how this happened but a slight bit of darkening at the en dof one of the spokes

IMG_4412.jpg

Then comes my nemisis the lacquer :no:

the faces of the wheels are ok but where i have oversprayed (in one place a lot!) it's caused runs on the insides of the rims

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

the worst run is easily this which if i get time i'm actually going to sand down and relacquer

(it'll still leave a light run mark as it's loosened the silver and i've no more to touch it back up with)

IMG_4419.jpg