Found my old VRS on co part!

john_p_b

My mk1 vrs got written off a few weeks back thanks to some woman deciding crossroads and giveway markings meant go faster and don't look, been keeping an eye on copart as i knew it'd gone there when it was recovered, it came online yesterday and what a mess, shocked me a bit as the damamge looks far worse than i remember it from the scene but then i was massively in shock at the time and carted off to hospital pretty rapidy! i'd wondered for weeks why the police officer from the scene said he was suprised to see me stood at the side of the road, now i know!

deadocty1.jpg

deadocty2.jpg

deadocty3.jpg

deadocty4.jpg

deadocty5.jpg

deadocty6.jpg

deadocty7.jpg

deadocty8.jpg

deadocty9.jpg

scary the amount of damamge there BUT, I was pretty much unhurt bar seatbelt injuries to my chest and pretty bad whiplash so it's testement to the strength of these cars and the very reason i went and bought another!

link to the ad on copart if anyone is interested: http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=20935031&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

i don't see how it's only listed as cat c! the whole front end is shoved over to the o/s as well as being pushed a good way back! i seriously doubt anyone would spend the money putting it back on the road anyway.

it's a cat C due to the cost of new parts exceeding the PAV. Structurally it will be sound, Thatcham sanction the the sectioning of chassis legs on the octavia so it would take 2 new front leg/inner wing sections. the way the energy is transmitted around the body shell on most VAG vehicles means they can be repaired satisfactorily.

does look a mess though fella :( but to be fair once you've stripped all the front end down you'd be surprised how well she took the impact.

glad your ok though :) i know when mine got written off from being hit by a saxo i was gutted and mine was driveable!!

there valuation is spot on though!! must have been in A1 condtion :'(

Edited by furry

it was mint mate and i'm not just saying that as it was mine, had a lot of money spent on it in it's life. i was pretty happy with the price i got for it, they tried it on at first offered me 2.5k for it but it didn't take a lot of arguing for them to get up to £3250. just be nice if the bint who caused the accident would own up to her stupidity so i can get my excess back!

Looks to have an impressive leak under it too!

Did the other driver hit the front end side on?

yep she came flying across a junction in effect got T-boned, i think it's more just the ground is wet there, i doubt 6 weeks on it'd still be leaking fluid to that extent.