HI VRS OR RS IS THERE A DIFFERENCE

vrsluke

hello i have recently brought an Octavia Mk1 RS

on my logbook its down as an RS not Vrs and swiftcover do show 2 different cars a VRS or Rs

and it was cheaper to insure an RS as opposed to VRS

please can someone let me know if there is any difference.

it is an AUQ engine 180bhp

thanks

Edited by vrsluke

dont think there is any difference

mine has octavia rs on the logbook

and its a vrs

not sure what the v stands for but are the same

try putting your reg in co compare and should bring it up

also prob get insurance cheaper aswell bonus :thumbup:

I heard that the V stood for Victory. But both RS and vRS are the same.

Interesting that Swift Cover quote different prices.... maybe the extra v means you are more likely to be involved in an accident!

I heard that the V stood for Victory. But both RS and vRS are the same.

Interesting that Swift Cover quote different prices.... maybe the extra v means you are more likely to be involved in an accident!

Regarding the v in vRS, this was explained in a letter from Skoda (below). thanks to bertee and his efforts for clearing this up. full thread in skoda history section.

Skoda UK said:

Reference: SD-2010/04-006667

Dear Bertee,

Thank you for your letter dated 21 April 2010, regarding the meaning of Vrs

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your email but your question required a bit more research and I wanted to make sure that I gave you the correct answer.

After checking a number of websites I could see that there has been a lot of debate regarding the meaning behind the word Vrs and most people have got the rs part correct as being Rally Sport.

However it appears that no one has actually guessed what the V stands for and this is in fact the Diacritical mark you see above the S in Skoda.

Thank you for contacting Skoda Customer Services.

Kind regards

John Good

Customer Service Advisor

Skoda Auto Customer Services

[email protected]

08457 745 745

www.skoda.co.uk

Yeap, thats what the V in VRS is for

Skoda in the uk had to change the RS to VRS because ford kicked off as RS was theirs!

That's quite strange, given that the RS tag has been used on many cars over the years.

Struggling to think of any other than ford????

Dave

Off the top of my head, Porsche, Audi and Mitsubishi. Pretty sure Mercedes and Renault have used RS on some models. Oh, Aston Martin.

RS surely has to be one of the most common tags for higher spec production cars....

Off the top of my head, Porsche, Audi and Mitsubishi. Pretty sure Mercedes and Renault have used RS on some models. Oh, Aston Martin.

RS surely has to be one of the most common tags for higher spec production cars....

Yeah but don't they all have letters or numbers tagged on as does the VRS. As in RS4, GT3 RS, EVO X RS.

What Ford uk objected to I think was it being an Octavia RS. As they use that kind of naming on their cars. Like a focus rs

Dave

• 6 years later...

Hi Guys ... I'm Peter and I'm from Czech Republic... Skoda Octavia vrs or rs? Well it's Octavia RS...(rally sport ) and that V? V is not letter ..V is just badge for rally sport ... V= rally sport ... Don't know why English friends names our best cars vrs 

• Like 1

OK, i thought Skoda were looking at bringing back Small Sporty vRS Fabia to get young people interested again, and interested in hybrids / EV's because Taxi sized cars with sporty names are so last decade.

Hyundai are built in the Czech Republic are they not, good quality control and warranty.

Hyundai even doing a Mid sized one with a Golf GTI or R type performance, AWD etc and something Skoda seem to have missing from the range with the RS / vRS or Sportline trim.

Motorsport History & Motorsport Success, Rally inspired or with the DNA seemed to go from the S2000 or R5's rally success as far as a 110 PS fwd Fabia and using the Mnte Carlo name for a trim level.

EDIT.

http://hyundai.cz/en 

The new i30N 'The best Czech sports car of all time' according to them.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Oh you mean that modern plant biggest in Europe... Hyundai is built in Slovakia Russia USA think China too ... not to sure ... golf gti has same engine and platform as octavia vrs ... octavia has bigger boot more practical... I think golf R is just new sport trim and replace like vr6 engines what was in vw corrado...same as golf gtd has same engine like vrs  diesel ... but all is vw now anyway so