Windshield Terribly Scratched :(

ay ay

it's been two months since I got my new Octavia 1.6 TDI Greenline, all black and shiny and nice....and today....on my way to work, a stone is thrown into my windshield by the driving car in front of me....and bam. :(

The windshield is not broken but there's a small hole where the stone hit the glass. To make matters worse, the stone had stuck to the wipers and as soon as I tried to clean the mess out, a double line of scratch appears....unbelievable.

I immediately called my insurance and told them what happened. As I am covered for that sort of thing, here in Belgium, we have Carglass (the equivalent of Autoglass in the UK), and I went straight for a visit. After some calling back and forth with the insurance, as the Carglass people were skeptic about the degree of damage and weren't sure that my insurance would pay them, they will replace the entire windshield now.

Having to replace the windshield two months after I bought the car, man, I tell you is f***d up. :(

The Carglass people said the windshield is exactly the same (including rain sensor and all), except for the Skoda logo at the bottom of the glass, which the replacement does not have. Quality wise it's 100% the same.

Voila, I thought I share this unfortunate occurrence with fellow Briskodians....

Regards,

Ari

It's really annoying isn't it :doh:

I had to replace a screen at 2 months old, it was hit at the side and cracked halfway across :o

Hi Mike,

it's so annoying. Mine wasn't cracked or anything, but still, the scratched lines were lined up same as eye level and it was impossible not to notice it while driving.

I just hope the replacement will be well fitted and all. I hope end result will look just like the original.

I recently had my windscreen replaced as the previous owner couldn't be @rsed to change the wipers when they went down to the metal! This was done through my insurance without any quibbling as I stated that the screen had been damaged :)

glad its all fixed now a friend at work bought a brand new alfa not overly long ago and driving it home smae thing only windscreen cracked :thumbdown: he also got another new car a mini very recently and within 3 days same thing but only happened after he commented on it tempting fate :giggle:

voila, just picked up my car from Carglass. They've replaced the windshield. No headache or anything. :)

Thanks to my insurance, of course. Apparently, it cost well over 400 EUR....

In any case, I'm a happy Skodian again.