Barum Bravuris 2

Looking to buy four of these tyres as the price seems excellent. Am disappointed in the tread wear of my replacement Michelin Primacy HP on the front. The original Pilot Primacy HP were much better. I thus do not want to pay a premium price again.

Anyone using these Barums in 225/45/17 size?

Edited by gregoir

Recently put two on the front of a VW Passat R Line having previously used on a Fabia VRS. Only done 4000 miles so far but negligible wear and good grip with smoother rider than previous conti sport contacts. Excellent price compared to some premium brands, however it all comes down to personal choice I guess.

Have you considered a mid-range tyre that isn't Michelin? Before you descend directly into the bargain basement....

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk is a useful resource.

Thanks for that. The Barums are indeed also mid range and I've had them fitted to a couple of small family cars with success. If I wanted cheap I could buy Wanli at half the Barum price. Fitted Avons to my Passat and the wear rate was not impressive.

Edited by gregoir

I had these tyres on my Diseasel L&K and they were very good tyres.

Certainly not bargain basement and are classed as mid range. IIRC they are made by continental.

After 17k miles the fronts were down to 5.5mm (measured when i had 2 new fitted) which was mainly motorway driving.Grip was very good (my car was mapped although i don't drive like i stole it). Treadware rating is 340 on them iirc. I used to get around 55mpg with them.

If i wasn't running around in a Petrol vRS i would have no problem in using these again.

Looking to buy four of these tyres as the price seems excellent. Am disappointed in the tread wear of my replacement Michelin Primacy HP on the front. The original Pilot Primacy HP were much better. I thus do not want to pay a premium price again.

Anyone using these Barums in 225/45/17 size?

about the same as Uniroyal rainsport I've used either for some years both are a Conti' company without the price

I have got that size fitted to my Superb,had them about 18 months and no complaints at all. I bought them through TYRE Shopper, paid £300 for 4 and had them fitted at National tyres.

Definitely not the worst tyre out there by a long way - I've got the same size on mine and they seem pretty resilient for swift getaways at roundabouts / junctions (!) and provide more confidence to press on in the wet / gale force conditions recently than any of the Kumhos I was quite happy using on previous cars. Was tempted by Falken Z912s but after a few miles under the clock with fresh Barums they seem to be standing up to the wear & tear and were pretty decent value. Will be interested to find out the Barum traction limitations in mild winter - never been stranded with either summer Conti's or Kumhos fitted so hoping the Barums put up a decent show.

Thanks for your comments. Price is ~£310 this week - fitted by National. Hoping to eke a couple more thousand yet. My standard wet roundabout calibrator is still telling me the grip is OK. :rofl: