Well that's just bloody marvellous..........

.......... 24k miles and my clutch is on it's way out. Was slipping big style in 3rd, 4th and 5th on the way home tonight. So that's 2 new tyres and now an effing clutch aswell....... Boolarks :mad::mad:

Oh yeah and the Pug is fooked again aswell :mad:

I've always been concerned that the OE clutch on re-mapped Octy's isn't quite man enough for the job. The clutch in this one can be caught out on occasions and the same thing happened to my hatchback one but today the thing was slipping in every gear. Will need to keep an eye on it me thinks but hope I don't need a new one :(

The Pugs too cool to get rid and it's only a minor problem of running on 2 cylinders atm :eek:

• Administrators

Well they can fail from

Easy to fry a clutch plate, 4x4 was a swine if you tried to launch above 3k it would just slip like mad, except in the wet, then the haldex just went nuts.

mine has if anyhting frmed up, had the oh heck it's slipping warning, so gone easy on it, helps that front tyres are low and there is hardly any grip, also left it in 180 mode since Anglesey, no point pumping 245ft lbs of torque into a sick clutch.

The organic is very good by all accounts but at least 2 times the money of the G60 mod...going to be a tough call with myself, also needing new tyres.

We are lokoking in to this matter all the time.

Nobody at the moment can offfer an uprated clutch.

The only way at the moment is the G60 with uprated clutch , but we are in talks with people who may be able to offer an alternative.

We are having problems at the moment with our internet , but watch this space...

We are lokoking in to this matter all the time.

Nobody at the moment can offfer an uprated clutch.

The only way at the moment is the G60 with uprated clutch ' date=' but we are in talks with people who may be able to offer an alternative.

We are having problems at the moment with our internet , but watch this space...[/quote']

funny how many people have been running uprated clutches for ages... inc james... :rofl: