New Skoda Citigo: A small Skoda for the city.

ColinD

Taken from autocar review:-

The standard engines will offer 62.8mpg and 105g/km of CO2 for the 59bhp version and 60.1mpg and 108g/km for the 74bhp unit.

Highly economical variants under the Green Tec banner will also be available. The 59bhp Green Tec will return 67.3mpg and 97g/km, while the 74bhp powerplant will boast 65.7mpg and 99g/km.

I am sure lots of us sensible Skoda owners are now wetting ourselves with laughter at these mpg claims, specially as I believe that no one will be able to consistantly get anywhere near these.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from autocar review:-

The standard engines will offer 62.8mpg and 105g/km of CO2 for the 59bhp version and 60.1mpg and 108g/km for the 74bhp unit.

Highly economical variants under the Green Tec banner will also be available. The 59bhp Green Tec will return 67.3mpg and 97g/km, while the 74bhp powerplant will boast 65.7mpg and 99g/km.

I am sure lots of us sensible Skoda owners are now wetting ourselves with laughter at these mpg claims, specially as I believe that no one will be able to consistantly get anywhere near these.

And my 140,000 mile L&K Estate does 65mpg on a run with the cruise set at 65mph in considerably more comfort!

It is a boring little city car. So is the Up. Precious little "character" in the looks of either. Lets hope they drive well. Frankly the new Kia Picanto is much better looking.

The Up's front will get a lot of stone chips on that front compared to the Skoda that's about all I can say.

It will be the same underneath as the VW but cheaper. Not to put too finer point on that's why most people buy Skodas.

Having said that I'm not sure who's going to buy the Skoda in the UK. The massively image conscious and brand obsessed young drivers its aimed at will surely want the VW badge.

The disappointment is that they've really produced a 107/C1/Aygo competitor rather than something rather clever like the IQ.

I have to say I'd probably rather buy a 2012 Fiat Panda if I was in this market. It will be cheaper and it will have 5 doors.

Edited by juan27

It is a boring little city car. So is the Up. Precious little "character" in the looks of either. Lets hope they drive well. Frankly the new Kia Picanto is much better looking.

The Up's front will get a lot of stone chips on that front compared to the Skoda that's about all I can say.

It will be the same underneath as the VW but cheaper. Not to put too finer point on that's why most people buy Skodas.

Having said that I'm not sure who's going to buy the Skoda in the UK. The massively image conscious and brand obsessed young drivers its aimed at will surely want the VW badge.

The disappointment is that they've really produced a 107/C1/Aygo competitor rather than something rather clever like the IQ.

I have to say I'd probably rather buy a 2012 Fiat Panda if I was in this market. It will be cheaper and it will have 5 doors.

Have to agree with you on the majority of this comment except for the fact that a lot of younger drivers seem to be now tempted towards Skoda brand cars & I would never have a Fiat over a VAG!!!

Guess ill be seeing a lot of these In Prague at the end of the month!

Am I right in thinking that will be free road tax on that with those emissions?

I actually quite like it, let's hope that skoda don't do what they did with the fabia and go completely out of their tree with the pricing.

As an Aygo owner, I struggle to see how that's a disappointment! :) The iQ is flawed in numerous ways.

There will be five door versions of all three of these cars!

Am I right in thinking that will be free road tax on that with those emissions?

I actually quite like it, let's hope that skoda don't do what they did with the fabia and go completely out of their tree with the pricing.

The Green Tec ones will have free tax, but the standard models will only have free tax or the first year. After that it'll be £20 per year - still excellent. Agreed that it'll sell well if priced right. I might be quite interested myself!

I think they will need a 5 door version to compete with the Nissan Pixo, which I think is the cheapest car on sale in the UK at the moment, starting at a smidge under £7k. Yup it is basic, but for those who just want 'a car', it isn't bad. A lot of people who buy cars like the Pixo are often retired/semi retired people on medium income, and just want a car to pop to the shops/post office in, and they aren't bothered about it having all the latest 'whizzbangs' and 'doohickeies', so if Skoda price it right, and do a basic model, it should be a reasonable hit. It may even be the sort of car to tempt folks like my dad back to the brand, who went elsewhere as Skodas became more & more pricey.

Skoda built their reputation on making basic, affordable cars, that were reliable. I'm glad they are returning to that market

Still not convinced.

The VAG versions are really going to have to be something special, given how long the Aygo/C1/107 has been around as a 'basic' car, this VAG range is a bit of a latecommer compared to the other 3.

With regards the IQ = zero, it's target is to compete with the 2 seater Smart & all the other 4 seater basic cars, it's lost between the 2.

I still havent found any interior pics for this car - Any helpers ?