New Skoda Citigo: A small Skoda for the city.

ColinD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those seats look like the ones in my Rapid.

The real life pics actually look quite good. A vRS version!!

Thinking just the same; wish they would build an updated Rapid, really liked the body shape and rear engine layout, although I might be on my own :wonder:

Ours was a 136 in a sort of apt battleship grey B)

Let it go for a Favorit in 96 emoticon-0106-crying.gif

TP

Thinking just the same; wish they would build an updated Rapid, really liked the body shape and rear engine layout, although I might be on my own :wonder:

[/img]

TP

Not on your own, I think a lot of people would love to see a new Rapid! The closest we are likely to get is the VisionD concept car, if it goes into production which Skoda are currently considering. Look at the rear window lines ;)

skoda-rapid-130-bily-zepredu.jpg

DesignConceptGeneva2011_1280x800_3en.jpg

Not on your own, I think a lot of people would love to see a new Rapid! The closest we are likely to get is the VisionD concept car, if it goes into production which Skoda are currently considering. Look at the rear window lines ;)

Thanks,

particularly for the Rapid photograph B)

yes quite like the concept D profile but it looks Octavia size, which would be to big for a true Rapid replacement I think and obviously needs to loose the extra rear doors ;) Now if it's a Fabia replacement or somewhere between the two, then I would be defiantly in the cue.

Regards,

TP

Thanks,

particularly for the Rapid photograph B)

yes quite like the concept D profile but it looks Octavia size, which would be to big for a true Rapid replacement I think and obviously needs to loose the extra rear doors ;) Now if it's a Fabia replacement or somewhere between the two, then I would be defiantly in the cue.

Regards,

TP

It's basically a MissionL with the boot chopped off so it should indeed be halfway between Fabia/Octavia size. I really hope they do decide to make it.

It has always looked like quite a nice replacement for the Focus to me, with a touch of late 80 Corolla to the rear end in profile. Nothin against it but think how adventurous the Fabia was in 2000, the Roomster, like it or loath it, the Yeti back in the mid 2000's when it was penned, even the twin door Superb to a point. Where has that spirit of adventure & surprise gone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They got it so wright with the Lupo, these and the fox are just boring. If they made a baby fabia MK1 people would buy it in droves.

I had two Lupos - a Sport and a GTi - great wee cars, but the British car buying public didn't take to it, as it sold poorly.

The Fox is simply horrific, and an embarrassment to the VW badge. I'd keep anyone that bought a Fox away from sharp instruments.

I had a Cinquecento Sporting brand new in 1997, by late 2000 it had done 55,000 miles and I wanted a new car. I looked at the Lupo and Arosa, but found them very dull to drive compared to the Cinq, so I bought a Seicento Sporting instead. That was the Lupos issue, very dull compared to the competition but nicely made. The Fox.... utter garbage and I hope the Up is much much better.

• 1 month later...

Should be nice inside, but Skoda have been let down by VAG on the looks, sorry but the Up! (ridiculous name) beats it hands down for aesthetics...