oops, where's me window gone?

Pulled into car park yesterday, went to open the drivers door window, to wipe the mirror, there was a CLUNK and the glass disappeared into the door!

Local Indie sorted me out, apparently the glass had come adrift from it's fixings.

Problem is, I got the feeling that this is not unusual - anyone else had the problem?

I'm sure I remember reading a post on here a month or so back about this happening to someone. Post was mainly about the aftermath when the RAC called in by Skoda Assist caused more damage trying to rectify it but I'm sure the original problem was a window dropped into the door!

Pulled into car park yesterday, went to open the drivers door window, to wipe the mirror, there was a CLUNK and the glass disappeared into the door!

Local Indie sorted me out, apparently the glass had come adrift from it's fixings.

Problem is, I got the feeling that this is not unusual - anyone else had the problem?

Had this happen on my previous VW touran. There were two plastic clips that the cable is held in. You can buy them off ebay or buy regulator kit from dealer. Cost me £25. Bit of a ba**ard to fit but perfect after. Sure to be similar on octavia. Hope this helps. :)

The Octavia front window is held in with two pegs much like most rear window glasses. Sometimes these pegs aren't fitted correctly or not at all and the window can drop out.

It's easy enough to refit if this is the case providing you can find the clips (or get new ones). Just pop the pegs into the glass and then slide the window down firmly and they will engage into the regulator.

I've had 2 on a SEAT both sides (3 door)

Thanks for the replies. Not the sort of job I would tackle myself, as I don't have the tools and would not want to risk wrecking the door cards and trims. s I said very good local indie (West Side Motors) sorted it for me - cost £45, which is little more than the suggested cost of parts, and worth it to me for the lack of stress!