Ordering a vRS Estate

Damnit for that picture. You shouldve posted a spoiler alert. One thing i was excited about come delivery time was to see what the sensors loomed like when using the nav.

Sorry ;) but when you're missus is up the duff!! Nice too know if it's a boy or a girl before it arrives, so in short now you know what your getting ;)

Aye ;) I will get a picci up

SAM_3948.jpg

My mum's got an estate + swing + parking sensors.

I have an estate + amundsen + parking sensors on order... That pic's immense! I had no idea what I was getting.

I use the sunglasses holder all the time... :D I mainly wear them in car so now I always keep them there and never forget to take them with me in an awfully sunny day, (well maybe not the usual case in UK) and there is lots of them so a very useful addition for me.

Parking sensors? Neither hot nor cold about them. Never had them before so I had developped a lot my psychic parking abilities... They even scare me when they start constantly beeping although I know there is still some space I could use, definitely could live without them.

Climate control? Yes! Sorry but to me, everybody claiming the old A/C is simpler sounds like "I didnt pay it so I must not like it". I didnt get the nav system but I would be silly to deny its more convenient than the SWING, just because I dont have it. There is nothing simpler than setting a desired temperature once, and then letting it do its thing. It works harder in the beginning to achieve the temperature quicker, and when it does it just calms down to the point where it just keeps it there without freezing your a@@. I can accept though that this may be more usefull in countries with warmer climates, and maybe not the UK, but for so many years I have been "fighting" with the A/C knobs in long travels, too hot, turn it up, now its good, now I'm freezing to death, turn it down, now I'm sweating again, turn it up, that this system just saves me bothering about it.

I have a sunglasses holder in the last 3 cars but the Fabia one is more of a spectacles holder I think and my Oakleys just don't fit.. shame as I like to keep them out the way so they don't get scratched.

I am the same with the parking sensors as far as not quite trusting them, I have got out a couple of times to see how accurate they are and found I had a fair bit of room left directly behind me.

I love the SatNav, the display is great in both the radio and media mode and of course if you have the bluetooth like I specced the phone address book bit is really good to use.

The armrest is also a great extra to spec in my mind as when in auto and the cruise is set for relaxed driving the car feels so comfy with my elbow sat on the rest.

I have a sunglasses holder in the last 3 cars but the Fabia one is more of a spectacles holder I think and my Oakleys just don't fit.. shame as I like to keep them out the way so they don't get scratched.

I am the same with the parking sensors as far as not quite trusting them, I have got out a couple of times to see how accurate they are and found I had a fair bit of room left directly behind me.

I love the SatNav, the display is great in both the radio and media mode and of course if you have the bluetooth like I specced the phone address book bit is really good to use.

The armrest is also a great extra to spec in my mind as when in auto and the cruise is set for relaxed driving the car feels so comfy with my elbow sat on the rest.

I just can't believe how naked is the car being offered "by default" in the UK. I have noticed this from many different posts and its quite surprising in comparison with EU countries.

As I have said, mine wasn't BTO, so I had to cope with what was offered as standard here (France). Want to know about it?

Sunglasses holder, Armrest, Cruise control, Parking sensors, Climatronic... yes, standard. And I may forget other things, only thing which I payed as an EXTRA, was the Bluetooth.

Going to the dealers on the way home from work tonight. Think Im gonna just go for 3 options, cruise, arm rest and black alloys. 5 months is a long time to waith though :thumbdown:

It's not that its cheaper outside UK, maybe the other way round. I'd say around 17K GBP with the above mentioned equipment, depending on the country. France is not the cheapest mind you. But If you're adding most of these things anyway as I've seen most people do on their vRSs, then this means that an available car (outside UK) has already a lot of the things you would otherswise have to order separately and wait 4-5 months. That's why I did not order mine from scratch, as all available cars at all different dealers, were already packed with the equipment I wanted. My only concern was to find the car in white/black roof/black wheels and that was all.

Car specs are designed to meet the markets.

FYI

The Alfa Mito has a whole bench folding rear seats in the UK, thats because the average Alfa buying in England would be buying the Mito as a small sports coupe car, Alfa also said they estimated a whopping 60% of Mito's ordered in the UK would be the top spec 155tb(now the 170 Cloverleaf)

In the French/Spainish/Italian Markets they car came with rear 70/30 split rear folding seats as standard on the basis that more people buying the car would want the 3 seat in the rear and more liekly to use it a a small family vehicle, they also estimatred that only 11% of cars would be the top spec model on the Continent.

Basically the Mito is perceived as a Warm hatch over here with a wide age range of buyer but most not needing 3 seats in the back etc etc

Whereas on the continent it's seen as a premium supermini much like an A1.

I guess they did the same with the Fabia vRS

they knew it would be popular in England so to keep the price keen to compete with cars like VXR, Clio 200 and a dfew others they have taken the things they don't believe we see as important in england.

makes sense really, think of it as a tailor made suit.

I don't want a Sat Nav cos i have one already, i don't want climate control because i've used aircon for all of 15mins in my entire life and won't ever use it in a vRS. i don't want an armrest cos i keep two hands on the wheel.

I certainly don't need parking sensors, it's hardly a long or a big car and people that say 'ooooh it an estate and i need parking sensors' are just barking mad! you can either park or your a bad driver and can't park, not amount of beeping will help.

in a lorry or bus 'maybe' to parking sensors but anything else i'm fine really.

The standard car has everything i need except for Cruise, i have lived without cruise fine despite doing 25,000 a year but for £175 it's the only optional i will treat myself too except for metallic paint and black wheels.

Might get a sunglass holder though(undecided, but it doesn't cost alot)

Edited by Sonner

Car specs are designed to meet the markets.

FYI

The Alfa Mito has a whole bench folding rear seats in the UK, thats because the average Alfa buying in England would be buying the Mito as a small sports coupe car, Alfa also said they estimated a whopping 60% of Mito's ordered in the UK would be the top spec 155tb(now the 170 Cloverleaf)

In the French/Spainish/Italian Markets they car came with rear 70/30 split rear folding seats as standard on the basis that more people buying the car would want the 3 seat in the rear and more liekly to use it a a small family vehicle, they also estimatred that only 11% of cars would be the top spec model on the Continent.

Basically the Mito is perceived as a Warm hatch over here with a wide age range of buyer but most not needing 3 seats in the back etc etc

Whereas on the continent it's seen as a premium supermini much like an A1.

I guess they did the same with the Fabia vRS

they knew it would be popular in England so to keep the price keen to compete with cars like VXR, Clio 200 and a dfew others they have taken the things they don't believe we see as important in england.

makes sense really, think of it as a tailor made suit.

I don't want a Sat Nav cos i have one already, i don't want climate control because i've used aircon for all of 15mins in my entire life and won't ever use it in a vRS. i don't want an armrest cos i keep two hands on the wheel.

I certainly don't need parking sensors, it's hardly a long or a big car and people that say 'ooooh it an estate and i need parking sensors' are just barking mad! you can either park or your a bad driver and can't park, not amount of beeping will help.

in a lorry or bus 'maybe' to parking sensors but anything else i'm fine really.

The standard car has everything i need except for Cruise, i have lived without cruise fine despite doing 25,000 a year but for £175 it's the only optional i will treat myself too except for metallic paint and black wheels.

Might get a sunglass holder though(undecided, but it doesn't cost alot)

Well I didnt buy the car to compete with Clios or VXRs and from what I've understood neither has the majority of other vRS owners here. This kind of drivers you are referring too will never choose a vRS for other reasons also (5-door model only). Since when did Skoda become a popular choice amongst these drivers anyway? It hasn't and I think it doesn't want to so deciding its standard configuration based on these drivers as you're suggesting does not sound reasonable to me.

Whatismore, just by noticing everybody's signature in this forum, you will see how much EXTRAs everybody has added to their car, IE (he had to wait for a new order as the standard one did not suit him). I can see at least 5-10 extra pieces of equipment, most of which are standard in other countries. So there goes the "tailor made suit". What I mean is would you prefer a tailor made suit lacking pockets or buttons in its standard form, just in case somebody liked to wear his clothes that way? Guess no...

Similarly, its the 2011 we are talking about. Of course most people would prefer parking sensors, armrest, cruise control, climatronic, sunglasses holder and things like this. Navigation does not fall in the same category (Yet!). You say I dont need these. It's not actually a need to have all of these, the car itself is something which we could live without. It's the level of comfort you would expect from a today's car, and most people want more confort from a car they buy today, compared to the one they bought 20 years ago when an A/C and electric windows were considered super luxury options.

I think I have made my point clearer now.

I specced loads of extras on my elegance, I specced the satnav unit simply because I wanted fitted, it's safer and get more info than a Tom Tom or similar the parking sensors are a integral part of the unit, also handy for the missus and small kids not being seen behind the car