Upgrades or not?

Guest BigJase88

Nope cause at the end of the day a 5k vrs is still worth 5k

My old one sold for 4k and it had around 5-6k spent on it (not by me obviously as im sensible)

I think I'll have to say "Yes" as I've done three times that already this year... :giggle:

Yes, money down the drain. But fun.

You can always buy a fast car. But I like the shock value of a standard looking diesel Skoda 5 door hatchback that'll blow most thing on the road into the weeds.

I don't like driving round in a "look at my fast expensive car" It doesn't surprise people.

I think I'll have to say "Yes" as I've done four times that already this year... :giggle:

You can always buy a fast car. But I like the shock value of a standard looking diesel Skoda 5 door hatchback that'll blow most thing on the road into the weeds.

what power etc ya runnin m8?

what power etc ya runnin m8?

Thread on my car here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/202729-richards-09-mki-vrs-se/ :thumbup:

Basically it's running about 260-odd bhp (disclaimer: open to forum debate) with quite a lot of work on everything. Tyres, brakes, suspension, engine, etc...

It goes, stops and corners very well.

Quite satisying overtaking M3 and M5 at Brands on a track day. :D

• 2 months later...

I think I'll have to say "Yes" as I've done three times that already this year... :giggle:

I don't like driving round in a "look at my fast expensive car" It doesn't surprise people.

Didnt you just buy a nissan gtr? :wonder:

If you've got the money and pleased with the car and will keep it then YES! But if your going to sell it in 12 months time then no! Surely you must have a list of pros and cons and what you could do with the money if you we're to put it into another car?

So your already running 240bhp and 397lbft and you are thinking of spending another £4500?

Or you want to spend £4500 to get to that output?

Confused :S

Either way I'd say yes, but then I'm biased!

Can someone not enjoy more than one car? If you could afford numerous cars you would have loads of different ones for each mood for sure.

Back OT, no. As much as I love my fabia, I could have a better overall car for less money. Thats not to say I dont enjoy my fabia, nice a subtle, goes well and surprises people. Depends on you personal situation I guess.

at 240 bhp now m8.gonna go for the last jabbasport upgrade 260-270 bhp and more torque

will work out at about 3k but ive not seen another car with this performance and economy yet unless im spending well over the odds

my car has everything i want,its just flew through another m.o.t and done 49,000 miles,apart from a bit more power(as you do) +amazing ECONOMY

cant justify my petrol costs for this kind of power etc

I've been thinking about this over the past few days.

If I came into some money that meant I had a few k to play with, then yes I'd go stage 3 with a Fabia, otherwise it's just too much money to lose. As much as I love my car, I'd rather spend the money I have on a deposit for a house.

Yes, I'd prefer if it was more subtle. But for that performance you don't have a choice.

You can't leave it anywhere really and it costs a fortune to run.

The Fabia is great because it looks almost standard but will give people a shock. I like that.

If I had to keep one car out of the two it would be the Fabia, which is currently tucked away for winter. The Nissan isn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards the OP, the Jabbasport stage 3 conversion is quite impressive and does things many people don't believe.

If the cost to upgrade is not a lot then why not?

At Santa Pod the difference between a 230(ish)bhp car and mine when we ran head to head was about 0.5 seconds over the quarter mile. But mine had better tyres, so the gap is actually a bit less.

Where the stage 3 conversion scores for me is drivability.

There are some big power cars out there, but check how high up the rev range they hit big power. The Jabbasport conversion is good for regular driving too and feels very responsive. :thumbup:

You need good suspension and tyres though.

And make sure you're keeping the car for a while if spending that kind of money on it. :)

at 240 bhp now m8.gonna go for the last jabbasport upgrade 260-270 bhp and more torque

will work out at about 3k but ive not seen another car with this performance and economy yet unless im spending well over the odds

my car has everything i want,its just flew through another m.o.t and done 49,000 miles,apart from a bit more power(as you do) +amazing ECONOMY

cant justify my petrol costs for this kind of power etc

Out of interest what kind of mpg do you get out of a stage 3 spec. It'll take you a long time to recover that £4.5k in fuel compared to a similarly performing petrol car which does 20-25 mpg.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for spending the money if that's what you want to do, I just don't agree with spending a shed load of cash on a car and then raving about its economy.

BossFox i'm a absolutely massive Skyline fan, have been in love with them ever since i went to the frankfurt motor show and saw the R34 GTR,

it went from there and my dream has been to own a GTR (R32,R34 or you one)

i can't actually believe you would keep the Fabia over the GTR. they are EPIC.

they are faster than almost anything else on the road.

what car can weigh 1700kg and have 478bhp yet outrun more powerful lighter cars. what car can hit the same cornering G's even though the GTR runs 285/35/18 when many of there rivals run wider tyres.

It's a testament to modern engineering and the use of computers in cars, as has every GTR been before that!!

If only there where briskoda meets that you attended BossFox i would travel up just to see the GTR, i would probably die for a passenger ride in one, thats if i don't faint before i get in the car.

BossFox i'm a absolutely massive Skyline fan, have been in love with them ever since i went to the frankfurt motor show and saw the R34 GTR,

it went from there and my dream has been to own a GTR (R32,R34 or you one)

i can't actually believe you would keep the Fabia over the GTR. they are EPIC.

they are faster than almost anything else on the road.

what car can weigh 1700kg and have 478bhp yet outrun more powerful lighter cars. what car can hit the same cornering G's even though the GTR runs 285/35/18 when many of there rivals run wider tyres.

It's a testament to modern engineering and the use of computers in cars, as has every GTR been before that!!

If only there where briskoda meets that you attended BossFox i would travel up just to see the GTR, i would probably die for a passenger ride in one, thats if i don't faint before i get in the car.

Go on YouTube and look for jun r1.... It's my mates ;)

Out of interest what kind of mpg do you get out of a stage 3 spec. It'll take you a long time to recover that £4.5k in fuel compared to a similarly performing petrol car which does 20-25 mpg.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for spending the money if that's what you want to do, I just don't agree with spending a shed load of cash on a car and then raving about its economy.

My VRS stage 3 averages 53mpg in daily driving. Not that I use it a great deal. It's now got 22,000 miles on the clock. I've done 2000 miles since January.

The economy has not been reduced by the conversion... unless you spank it.

It is nice being able to go on a track day and do an hour or so of screaming round and still have enough fuel to drive home.

A guy in a Porker I was with had to refuel twice during the day. And I overtook him a few times. :giggle:

We worked out he spent an extra £120 on fuel for the same track day. I'm not justifying the cost of the conversion, just saying. :thumbup:

I think it's worth it just to have a Skoda diesel hatchback that'll overtake a porker while giving better economy. :happy:

My VRS stage 3 averages 53mpg in daily driving. Not that I use it a great deal. It's now got 22,000 miles on the clock. I've done 2000 miles since January.

The economy has not been reduced by the conversion... unless you spank it.

It is nice being able to go on a track day and do an hour or so of screaming round and still have enough fuel to drive home.

A guy in a Porker I was with had to refuel twice during the day. And I overtook him a few times. :giggle:

We worked out he spent an extra £120 on fuel for the same track day. I'm not justifying the cost of the conversion, just saying. :thumbup:

I think it's worth it just to have a Skoda diesel hatchback that'll overtake a porker while giving better economy. :happy:

thanks for your input m8

was in my m8's megane f1 and he was going through £100+ in fuel a week and struggled to keep up with me accelerating,he even asked to swap it with me lol