Ideas for Yeti holidays

Peter a Proud Yorkshireman

Hi Everybody

Easter this year Wonderwoman and I visited the Outer Hebrides albeit in the Octavia but I reckon it would make a great place to take a Yeti. Visited Barra and travelled from South Uist over all the causeways to Benbecula, North Uist, Berneray ferry to Harris (great roads hills/mountains) up into Lewis. 4 ferries in total from Uig on the Isle of Skye.

Perhaps others could post some ideas of where to go on a bit of a Yeti adventure?

PS Thanks to Rockhopper for telling me how to do it!

Cheers :beer:

Peter

post-15727-0-29953000-1318514248_thumb.jpg

post-15727-0-77739000-1318514277_thumb.jpg

post-15727-0-90822700-1318514303_thumb.jpg

post-15727-0-44033300-1318514325_thumb.jpg

post-15727-0-49401800-1318514351_thumb.jpg

post-15727-0-60382400-1318514365_thumb.jpg

For a little adventure in the summer months, you might try this: Mont Jafferau in the Italian Alps:

There is a tour description on the Flying Brick portal, but it's in German.

The vehicle in the vid is not really ideal for this, a BMW K100RS, the Yeti or an enduro type two wheeler would be better.

Edited by Agerbundsen

Get a good road atlas and tour Wales, Scotland or the English National Parks. Go for the minor roads and enjoy our wonderful country. Richard Wilson has a series, currently shown on TV, showing some of the finer trips based on 1950s AA guides. Give it a try.

Get a good road atlas and tour Wales, Scotland or the English National Parks. Go for the minor roads and enjoy our wonderful country. Richard Wilson has a series, currently shown on TV, showing some of the finer trips based on 1950s AA guides. Give it a try.

Oh I so agree.

Have done a couple of trips to Wales and have just returned home after a 2 weeks trip round Scotland.

I always plan the route beforehand and, apart from the drive there and back, deliberately stay on B roads and "off the beaten track"

You'll be surprised what little gems you turn up.

Hi Terfyn

Best route to Nefyn from M56 for Yorkies maiden voyage week after next?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Terfyn

Best route to Nefyn from M56 for Yorkies maiden voyage week after next?

Cheers

Peter

M56 - A55. Off at J10 Turn left at little island (on to A 487) and follow the road through Caernarfon towards Pwllheli (A499) then EITHER turn right after Trefor onto the B4417 (direct but very windy) OR continue to Y Ffor (FourCrosses) and turn right on to the B4354 (a much straighter route.)

Great views of Anglesey, the Rivals (Yr Eifl) etc.

Have a brilliant time!!

And if you see a 59 Reg Cappucino SE140 4x4 then wave - it will be us :giggle:

Cheers

Mike.

Edited by Terfyn

Thanks Mike

Had thought about going down to Llangollen and cutting across country as we can`t get into cottage till 4pm but we will set off first thing. Will come back on your suggested route.

Wonderwoman went to Colwyn Bay for her hols every year to Mrs Jones B&B.It depresses her now the new road cuts past her favorite beach!

Will look out for you!

Cheers

Peter

PS good luck for tomorrow!

For a little adventure in the summer months, you might try this: Mont Jafferau in the Italian Alps:

There is a tour description on the Flying Brick portal, but it's in German.

The vehicle in the vid is not really ideal for this, a BMW K100RS, the Yeti or an enduro type two wheeler would be better.

Hells teeth I will struggle to get Wonderwoman up/down there!

We are going to Switzerland and Garda next year and there will no doubt be plenty of shouts of "keep away from the edge".

Years of driving in Corsica (in a hire car)with WW gripping the grab handle and telling me to slow down!

I have suggested we drive over there sometime, my mate has just been on is 1100cc BMW bike.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Mike

Had thought about going down to Llangollen and cutting across country as we can`t get into cottage till 4pm but we will set off first thing. Will come back on your suggested route.

Wonderwoman went to Colwyn Bay for her hols every year to Mrs Jones B&B.It depresses her now the new road cuts past her favorite beach!

Will look out for you!

Cheers

Peter

Sorry meant M56 - slip of finger.

Llangollen and up the A5 through Corwen. First set of lights - straight on. Past Rug Farm Shop and on to Second set of lights (at the Druids) At the lights, filter left to Bala. As you come into Bala (after the 30 but before the town) Turn Right on to the A4212 Trawsfynydd road, past the White Water Centre and then fly over the mountain tops along the shores of Llyn Celyn (scene of many patriotic protests) Down to the Tee junction with the A470. Turn Right on to the A470 and then follow the A487 to Porthmadog. Through Porthmadog, then take a left at the Island opposite Kerfoots. A497 to Criccieth and Pwllheli. Through Criccieth, past Llanystumdwy and right on to the B4354 through Chwilog and Y Ffor to Nefyn.

This is my favourite road from Manchester, particularly the A4212. It is quieter than the A55 and is a "driver's road" in every sense. beautiful scenery, decent straights and sweeping bends. We live about a couple of miles from Chwilog.

I have suggested this route, via Bala, as the A5 past the Druids is not a brilliant road to Betws-y- Coed and, although it is the tourist route and very pretty, is a bu***r to drive. I avoid it as, at times, it would be quicker to walk. (but if you have plenty of time) it is an option.

I have driven my suggested route for 50 years. It was opened up and improved when they built the Nuclear Power Station at Trawsfynydd and had to transport the heavy turbines and generators from AEI in Manchester. I find it a joy to drive.

Edited by Terfyn

I have suggested this route, via Bala, as the A5 past the Druids is not a brilliant road to Betws-y- Coed and, although it is the tourist route and very pretty, is a bu***r to drive. I avoid it as, at times, it would be quicker to walk. (but if you have plenty of time) it is an option.

I have driven my suggested route for 50 years. It was opened up and improved when they built the Nuclear Power Station at Trawsfynydd and had to transport the heavy turbines and generators from AEI in Manchester. I find it a joy to drive.

[/size]

I can also recommend the Bala and A4212 route - it is a great drive, and the way we go to our cottage near Porthmadog.

Pete

We are going to Switzerland and Garda next year

Then you have a perfect excuse to go via the Gotthard - not the dreadful tunnel, but the old road over the top of the Pass.