Problem with unlocking the boot

duotwr

Hi

I had a quick search about this, but didn't quite find what I need.

All of a sudden yesterday I could no longer open the boot of my Fabia 1. The rest of the central locking is working fine. When the car is unlocked the button/level above the rear numberplate doesn't open the boot. Pressing the middle key-fob button has no effect.

I can open the boot from the inside - the mechanism looks to be fine. I can't hear any noises when I press the middle key-fob button.

Some previous posts have mentioned fuse problems - but all internal lights, including the one for the boot, appear to be working properly. The inside light comes on when I open the driver side door.

Has anybody any thoughts on what the problem is, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Keith

Can you hear the mechanisim?

I managed to shut mine on one of the wee rubber balls that attach to the parcel shelf strings between the bootlid and the rubber seal.

I could hear the mechanisim trying to unlock but it wouldnt disengage.

What I had to do was fold down the rear seats, pull off the panel hiding the unlock mechanisim, and pop a large flat head screw driver in to give it a helping hand.

Once I'd done this, the boot opened no problems :)

Thanks for the replies.

On the first two comments - I tried holding the middle fob button for longer - to the point where there is a flash from the yellow indicator lights (like when the car is locked/unlocked) but still nothing from the boot.

Strangely I can't hear anything to indicate that the mechanism is trying to operate - so I've ruled out something like a mechanical issue blocking the release.

I don't usually use the key fob button - usually I just unlock the whole car, and when I squeeze the handle above the numberplate I can usually feel the mechanical resistance of the mechanism to open the boot. Now it is just not there - so the boot feels like it does when the car is locked.

Any more ideas out there?

Thanks

Keith

Mine has been the same for a while now, just haven't had the time to look at it, however, if i put the palm of my hand on the rear skoda badge and push with all my weight (13) stone and then press the button on my key it pops open! worth a try but not really gonna solve the problem! lol

Hi. I realised I'd forgotten to mention that it's an estate I've got, which probably makes a difference. I checked the fuses yesterday and no 31 had gone, marked as central locking boot. I replaced this but it's still not opening. Does this suggest a part in the locking mechanism has gone, and any suggestions which it's likely to be? I've seen various references to the solenoid failing, does this sound likely? Thanks, keith.