Deposit paid on new vRS

Hi,

First post and all that. Just paid the deposit on a new vRS Estate TFSI in anthracite, with options: rear parking sensors, heated seats, maxi dot, MDI, sunset glass and a spare wheel!

May buy a Columbus unit from the bay, but in the meantime I now have the long wait for delivery.

Firstly have I made any bloopers?

Secondly, does anyone know of a decent highish resolution pic I can download and print of an anthracite vRS estate. The OH wants to make a 'count down to delivery' calendar to stick on the wall!

Cheers :)

Check out Carl's, probably the best example of an anthracite estate. Yours will be a TSI by the way not TFSI.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/213565-the-assassin-now-has-a-coat-of-armour-o/page__p__2518736#entry2518736

TFSI / TSI whats's the difference can I ask? Can ignore that now just done some searching and assume it's a positive change...

Thanks for the pic link!

Edited by firstborn

I'm heading in to finalise paperwork etc on Friday and will get a lead time then. Though I did phone them today and ask for xenons to be added, they're trying to work out how to do it as the order had already gone - we'll see what happens. Buying from Farmers, Notts.

• Like 1

I'm heading in to finalise paperwork etc on Friday and will get a lead time then. Though I did phone them today and ask for xenons to be added, they're trying to work out how to do it as the order had already gone - we'll see what happens. Buying from Farmers, Notts.

You have a certain amount of time to change things so it shouldn't be a problem and Xenons are a wise choice, it's one of the first things I spec :thumbup:

You have a certain amount of time to change things so it shouldn't be a problem and Xenons are a wise choice, it's one of the first things I spec :thumbup:

Hope so now that I've decided to ask for them, the chap said he was 99% certain there would be no problem and they only sent the order through this morning.

Hint - make sure the calender you have for countdown is flexible, a short search on delivery times & you will see that the time you get from the dealer initially will not be set in stone.

Having gone through this process I found out along with many others that your delivery time will only be set in stone once the order is set @ confirmed from the factory, & once built SUK quote 2 weeks delivery ( flooding / snow dependant).

Be patient as it will be frustrating when you are given different dates each time you call & ask how long, it will be worth the wait emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Xenons are now added to the spec! Provisional build date of week 1 (2012). What am I then looking at for delivery?? I'll ask the dealer tomorrow, but I'm impatient, which isn't going to help the next 3 months pass! :p

TFSI / TSI whats's the difference can I ask? Can ignore that now just done some searching and assume it's a positive change...

Thanks for the pic link!

The TSI engines are the Turbo/supercharger types and T FSI are just Turbo Charged , The Octavia VRS is a 2ltr T FSI engine.

Xenons are now added to the spec! Provisional build date of week 1 (2012). What am I then looking at for delivery?? I'll ask the dealer tomorrow, but I'm impatient, which isn't going to help the next 3 months pass! :p

I'd work on a +6wk from the build date. But as Steve says above, it's a moveable feast :)

Best option is to stay upto date with a hopefully helpful dealer :yes:

The TSI engines are the Turbo/supercharger types and T FSI are just Turbo Charged , The Octavia VRS is a 2ltr T FSI engine.

I say TSFI, then somebody says no it'll be a TSI. Now I'm back to a TFSI - which is it people?! :wonder: :p