Givin' a dog a bone!

yamz89

Hey guys, hows everyone on this fine winters evening??

By the way, is it me, or once all the bushes in the Dog Mount are uprated to ultra hard poly's it transforms the way the car feels? When I start the car it feels alive, slightly louder inside, the steering feels more direct and awake when cornering and when off and on the power, it feels seamless??

Or maybe its just me?

Best £30 I've spent on this car so far...

this is an AWESOME mod, one of the best you can do :)

Exactly how I feel about it.

Yeah I hear that you only needed to change the front set (the easy ones) but I thought while I had it off I'd take full advantage!

Also I used Powerflex as they are local to me (In Wrexham), support your local town and all that.. Despite what people say about Powerflex I was really happy with the quality of the mouldings and poly's used. Even the sleeve inside the rear bush was milled out to perfection! Instructions and grease included of course ;) - Though you will need a 15mm drill bit handy for swapping over a bracket onto the new bush, although I only had a 13 and filed it out the rest..

Get the bushes from AwesomeGTI mate, they have an offer on atm that's free delivery!

Well that settles it i will order this now http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=27493&xSec=301

do i need to order one of these though?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=29682&xSec=301

been a very expensive day so far as just returned from ECP with a boot full of parts :rofl:

Just the first lot will make a difference because the standard ones were really soft and where starting to break down on my 50k miler. Though if your hard core, and you don't want the gearbox to move much then get the purple coloured back one too, though this is a bitch to fit as virtually solid and you'll need a vice and about 6 spare hands, and loads of lube!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I am going to go down the Superpro route

http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/shop/superpro-uprated-suspension-bushes-skoda-1997-2004-13.html little bit more but its super pro.

What shore do people recomend? They have 70,80,90 shore.

Also, as said above, do you need the second bit. If not, why not?

Just go for the hardest option. I did.

As for the other part of the mount, I'd did this as well, though its a little trickier to do. Requires skillful drilling and about 7 hands to get the new mount in the very small hole! Oh, and lots of lube! Had a laugh going it actually, got to a point where I was laughing so much, I didn't have the strength to carry on so I just had to walk away! :rofl:

The reason why people don't have to change the rear bushing is because compared to the front bushes, its pretty much solid anyway and could possibly be considered as unnecessary hassle. Its sometimes good to leave it in situ because it will stop vibrations coming into the cabin.

It's your choice, and by the way don't be conned in to thinking Super Pro are good and Powerflex aren't. That's complete horse ****! I've bought both over the years, road tested each and see how each last. The only difference is in the price tag!

Good Luck!

Marc

@Yam89,

When you say the hardest is a bitch to fit, how much of a bitch is it? Is it one of those jobs you can potentially start and not be able to finish?

Well that settles it i will order this now http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=27493&xSec=301

do i need to order one of these though?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=29682&xSec=301

been a very expensive day so far as just returned from ECP with a boot full of parts :rofl:

was just about to order this one and it says diesel only. Is that the right one or do we need the yellow, petrol model one?

was just about to order this one and it says diesel only. Is that the right one or do we need the yellow, petrol model one?

:dull: If it say diesel only then it's for diesel only :giggle:

Yellow is the correct one for petrols, deisel one is softer, Have you checked ebay as they were cheaper than awesome a few months back

:dull: If it say diesel only then it's for diesel only :giggle:

Yellow is the correct one for petrols, deisel one is softer, Have you checked ebay as they were cheaper than awesome a few months back

Well thats what I thought lol.

This looks really interesting upgrade and the testimonials make me very tempted to try it. Could someone ask a few questions for me?

Does anyone nkow what insurers think of this? Im only 20 so insurance is a big concern..small modifications can add a huge premium.

Also, im fairly good mechanically but have never got involved in car maintenance. How hard would something like this be to do for a, lets assume, beginner? Are there instructions or a guide that give some pointers anywhere?

The Seat leon video is very cool, really shows a big difference!

This looks really interesting upgrade and the testimonials make me very tempted to try it. Could someone ask a few questions for me?

Does anyone nkow what insurers think of this? Im only 20 so insurance is a big concern..small modifications can add a huge premium.

Also, im fairly good mechanically but have never got involved in car maintenance. How hard would something like this be to do for a, lets assume, beginner? Are there instructions or a guide that give some pointers anywhere?

The Seat leon video is very cool, really shows a big difference!

Insurance... I don't plan to tell them

Fitting it... seems simple enough. Just a few bolts. There's a few guides on here.