Max Power Vrs?

Quinten

My source tells me it is an Y reg red vRS and that the article this month details how they stripped the interior clean, removed all seats and installed the amps and subs.

Like Q, I have never opened MP. What's it all about? Does the P in Power mean stereo amplifier output, or are they interested in cars as well?

DVD screens - what for? To watch pop videos, or to play games, or what? Does the driver have one too? (Illegal AFAIK).

Not going to buy one just to find the answers to these but some of you may be able to tell me. You can PM me if you're embarrassed to admit to it :rofl:

The gist of it, as far as I can tell, is there's a mix of entertainment and performance mod information, with a more than liberal sprinkling of lies and scantily clad women.

DVD screens for watching, er, DVDs... ;) For passengers on long journeys, sure as hell beats conversation! That said, I have seen installs with screens in the boot lid, which struck me as rather pointless, but I imagine if you're showing it off at a show then it would be useful...

Rob.

My source does admit into owning a scanner, but reveals he doesn't have it installed. He might be in a position to install it later though.

Originally posted by robmawer in this post

The gist of it, as far as I can tell, is there's a mix of entertainment and performance mod information, with a more than liberal sprinkling of lies and scantily clad women.

Hmmm. Sounds a bit like FHM, only less of the mods and more of the scantily clad women.

:D:thumbup:

DVD screens for passengers - no issue there. There is definitely a law restricting the screens to places where they can't distract the driver. I'll look it up when I'm next back in the "office".

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reliably informed that this months issue of Max Power does not contain any word on the vRS project. However, my source tells me that it specifically mentions that next months issue contains a test (whatever that may involve) on the Octavia vRS.

• 1 year later...

an old thread but does anyone know what they did to the poor octavia?would be interested in a weird kind of way to see pics and also to know if they have fiddled with a fabia?

I find it quite an educational read every now and again ;)