South Wales Meet 2012

Waplord

I can't say deffinate yes yet but will try to keep this day free

anyone who hasn't driven the Llangadog to Brynamen road should give it a go - one of the best roads in the area (also used by Top Gear I believe)

hope to see you all on the day

• 2 weeks later...

SAT 12TH!!!!

1) Waplord

2) MissPiggy

3) Babs

4) Neo_vr

5) MartynVRS

6) Devonutopia

7) Sharkrider + Blackand white (staying 27th and 28th in travelodge)

babs-want a birthday CAKE???

Cake, you say?!

• 4 weeks later...

All looking good for this, though sorry to say anyone staying at that travelodge the little chef has closed! but i'll provide a list of places in the area nearby for the friday night stay over people of where they can get some food.

There's bound to be a few decent pubs serving food in nearby Tumble. The Phoenix in Gorslas is only 5 mins away and wasn't bad. Went there when I went to the Gelli Aur show.

The Phoenix isn't that bad its a 2 for 1, i'd steer clear of Tumble though

• 3 weeks later...

Went up the A4069 yesterday bit it's changed. Some bits are lovely and smooth and are what the whole road network should be like but other bits have bee resurfaced but it's rough, full of bits and you feel the car shimmying underneath you. From the cattle grid in Brynamman for 1/4 mile it's fine but then goes rough up until about 1/4 mile before the hairpin then goes rough again then is perfect for the rest

I'm making it sound worse than it probably is but it seems to be on the fastest bit too which is a shame. I guess it's for the reason that it doesn't give you confidence to drive quickly. The twisty bits are perfect though but it's been said before that you've got to have your wits about you. There's no borders and in places there's quite harsh drops.