SD card reader chops first 1 second

ok, loving the octavia and the sd card reader -

it plays all the music fine although the slllooooowwww loading speed is probably down to a slow micro sd card......

i do notice that when playing, it chops the first second off every song - anyone else get this? it's really annoying, is it due to a slow card?

many thanks.

Have you tried the card on a PC to see if it does the same trick?

What make/model card is it?

the songs play fine through my mac. it was a mid range 4gb micro sd card that uses an adapter. looks like i'll have to get the firmware updated and try a faster card...

My Bolero does this with my MDI/Ipod connection.

What do I need to ask the dealer to do when its next in for service?

If I ask them to upgrade the Bolero firmware will they understand what I'm on about?

My Bolero does this with my MDI/Ipod connection.

What do I need to ask the dealer to do when its next in for service?

If I ask them to upgrade the Bolero firmware will they understand what I'm on about?

If the dealer knows what there doing, that should be fine.

I had the update done on mine and that fixed the read delay very well - it was like getting a new system installed. Unfortunately I still get the first second chopped off most tracks. Need to check it on my laptop though just to check I've not messed something up.

I think it also depends on the manufacturer of the Bolero.

The newer Delphi branded models from 2010MY ish onwards seem to suffer from this from the factory, but don't suffer from the slow reading of SD cards. They seem to fade in and out the first and last second of mp3s. They will also only support about 1000 (I think) songs, so no need for SDHC cards larger than 16GB, even though they read 32GB fine.

The older units suffer from slow reading of SD cards until the firmware is upgraded, and will support a lot more than a 1000 songs. There have been numerous posts about these limitations between the two different manufacturers. I don't know if the older units suffer from the fade in and out or chop the songs.

I am not sure if there is a firmware for the update for the newer units or not.