Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Milkybadger

A few of the reasons I didn't get other phones, there are more, I spent months looking for the right phone)

Iphone:-

Reasons stated in previous post, get off my genitals!

Sensation:-

Because the XE trumps it overall

Sensation XE:-

Only 1GB of usable onboard memory! not all apps can be saved to micro SD cards, what were they thinking, Nice 1.5Ghz dual core processor though, but the 1.2ghz dual core in the galaxys is sufficient especially how theyre not fully utilising the second core. 768MB RAM, having more RAM (1GB on galaxy nexus) will make more of a difference than the proc.

Sensation XL:-

Nice large screen, Poor Resolution compared to Galaxy nexus, and less RAM still only 768MB

HTC Edge:-

Looks very good!, but isn't announced yet, expected Q2 2012 which will realistically get delayed for some rubbish reason, but im not prepared to wait nearly a year for a new phone when im now on a 18 month contract.

It was a push weather to get the S2 or the galaxy nexus tbh, both boast the same processor (different versions of it but its 'meh') and 1GB RAM.

But Galaxy Nexus has a Larger Screen and a nice 1280x720 reso, The S2 takes slightly better photos with 8mp as a pose to the galaxy nexus at 5mp but again they both look great.

Galaxy Nexus comes with Android 4.0 which isn't being rolled out to other top end handsets already released till next year Q1 or Q2,

but the S2 has been out since April and its questionable whether its worth the extra money for the galaxy nexus when you can get such a good contract deal on a S2

Edited by Milkybadger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using a I phone 4s yesterday and while it was easy to use I agree with the previous posts about having your wings clipped etc, seemed boring also played with an s11 and I found it a lot more intersting to use.

I'd go for the nexus over the s11 reasons? Newer operating system so should be faster etc. And as the s11 has be out for a while now even swmbo's step dad has one! Not as bad as the I phone with it seems every other person has but bad enough for me lol

Speaking to a colleague with an iphone 4 today and he was telling me that you can't reject or silence incoming calls, you have to either answer it, let it keep ringing or turn the phone on to silent. He was most impressed with the turn the phone over and it silences the ring tone feature on my desire. Not sure if the s2 does that too

My sg2 and desire can manage 2 days just. You need to speak to battery manufacturers not phone makers. All the functionality we now expect uses power. "Ye cannae change the laws o physics captain "

Speaking to a colleague with an iphone 4 today and he was telling me that you can't reject or silence incoming calls, you have to either answer it, let it keep ringing or turn the phone on to silent. He was most impressed with the turn the phone over and it silences the ring tone feature on my desire. Not sure if the s2 does that too

Pressing either volume button will silence the ringer. - but, only If the phone is unlocked, then you can reject.

Al.

Look out for another issue with ICS & the nexus.

Volume completely silences the phone, & you have to wait for the phone to sort itself out .

See here Nexus Issue

Im going to wait to see if they resolve it.

I stopped using a tie in contract around 3 and a half years ago, I have a rolling 1 month contract ( no phone upgrades come with it), for £20 per month & like most people never use all of the allocated mins & texts & data.

OK, so it means I have to purchase my phone SIM free, which appears to be a large initial outlay, but when i sit down & work it out, its still cheaper that being tied into an 18 month contract & even more cheaper than a 24 month.

Suits me Sir emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Pressing either volume button will silence the ringer. - but, only If the phone is unlocked, then you can reject.

Al.

that must be the switch he kept frantically fiddling with in the meeting. I just make sure I run hush and then meeting entries in my diary have #HUSH in them, that way the phone automatically goes on silent for the duration of meetings and turns itself up again afterwards.

How about a modern phone with a battery life more than 24-48hours.

If anyone can make a functional phone, that has some smartphone functionality, but lasts for a week (really lasts for a week) then they'd be onto a winner i'd think.

In rooting my HTC Desire HD - This now lasts for 3 days using 2.3.5 Sense 3.5 and RCmix3d Runny 3.1. Once again, it all depends on how much the phone is overclocked/what you are using it for.

In rooting my HTC Desire HD - This now lasts for 3 days using 2.3.5 Sense 3.5 and RCmix3d Runny 3.1. Once again, it all depends on how much the phone is overclocked/what you are using it for.

Yeah but thats hardly touching it.. I can get my SGS to last 2 days quite easily without turning the sync/data off.

Modern smartphones are designed on the pretence of the battery lasting about a day... the iphones are even worse with the same usage.

Had it a week or two ... and i LOVE IT!

Spent days playing pokemon silver on an emulator at work

Generally is good, there is rumours of a volume bug going around where the ring volume will have a mind of its own sometimes, tbh i havent noticed this and Android will just roll out a fix so all is good.

Pictures are good, flash is bright!

Battery life is pretty goom IMHO, i played pokemon solid for like 3 or 4 hours with bright screen and still had 25%, not playing games its very very good aswell just dont have gps on unless your on an app that uses it, same with bluetooth etc etc and set the screen brightness to automatic.

So nice to use and the screen is beautiful! :) but its still pricey so...

Edited by Milkybadger

Had it a week or two ... and i LOVE IT!

Spent days playing pokemon silver on an emulator at work

Generally is good, there is rumours of a volume bug going around where the ring volume will have a mind of its own sometimes, tbh i havent noticed this and Android will just roll out a fix so all is good.

Pictures are good, flash is bright!

Battery life is pretty goom IMHO, i played pokemon solid for like 3 or 4 hours with bright screen and still had 25%, not playing games its very very good aswell just dont have gps on unless your on an app that uses it, same with bluetooth etc etc and set the screen brightness to automatic.

So nice to use and the screen is beautiful! :) but its still pricey so...

Whats it like on the internet m8? Is it I phone 4s fast? (soz thats the fastest phone on the net i've experianced lol)

get a smaller screen then and no GPS etc :giggle:

"ye cannae change the laws o' physics captain" (with apologies to any star trek fans) :thumbup:

Blackberry bold 9700 did all of that and needed charging every 3 days, with a good amount of use.

Maybe it's just that the people that buy the trendy phones seem to not care.

That plsu the GPS is turned off and the screen locked and off for most of the day and the battery life is still tripe.

On the plus point, I've had one update followed by another for the S2 that's just been released that means 24 hours is now achievable with a few calls in the day and 48 hours with light use.

Still not great, but at least it's heading upwards.

Blackberry bold 9700 did all of that and needed charging every 3 days, with a good amount of use.

Maybe it's just that the people that buy the trendy phones seem to not care.

That plsu the GPS is turned off and the screen locked and off for most of the day and the battery life is still tripe.

On the plus point, I've had one update followed by another for the S2 that's just been released that means 24 hours is now achievable with a few calls in the day and 48 hours with light use.

Still not great, but at least it's heading upwards.

Root it, but undervolt it, and install juice defender. I get much longer life out of my s2 now

Galaxy Nexus goes back on Sale this week, after being withdrawn following the Software fault, that left the ringers / sound all over the place after switching 2g / 3g networks.

Al.

Root it, but undervolt it, and install juice defender. I get much longer life out of my s2 now

I could yes, but if a phone needs a computing degree to fix it, then it's broken IMHO.

If you can make the power better by doing these thigns, then why are they not doing it from the factory?