Bluetooth - stoopid question!

Brian69

I've only had the car a few days - dealer told me it had Bluetooth - however, can't find Phone - Phone search on the display as per p.106 of the owner's manual (I assume the display is the CD / radio display :doh: !?).

Am I perhaps missing something? Not really bothered either way about Bluetooth, but if it's there I may as well connect it to my phone.

The one i bought, the dealer didnt know it had bluetooth.

That was a nice little surprise :thumbup:

But yeah,

hold the rocker switch > setup > phone > bluetooth pairing

...or something like that.

I was looking in the wrong place then - doh! That's where it's displayed on the current Fiesta, so there was a sort of logic to my stupidity!

Thanks Martyn :thumbup: .

Right - scrolled right through the Maxidot display and no sign of Bluetooth - didn't think it'd be there as couldn't recall seeing it (oil temp display is good to have though!) - dealer was obviously mistaken - no worries!

another question about the bluetoot.. Anyone know if there is a mic in the car for those who have bluetooth handsfree? if yes where?

If I have the phone inside my pocket I can still talk as clear like it was open in front of me.. but I dont see any mic in the roof.. :)

Double :doh: - it does have Bluetooth. I didn't realise you have to hold the rocker switch a wee while, and then a menu appears. Anyway, that's it set up now, that was the easy bit :thumbup: .

• 2 weeks later...

Similarly daft question;

I've just picked up my new Fabia Greenline II Estate with just park sensors and maxi dot as extras, but in the manual it says I should be able to stream music over bleutooth as it has the bluetooth prep built in. Anyone any idea how to access? It's supposed to be on the "swing" radio options when you press and hold in the right knob for a few seconds but I can't see any likely-looking options.

Any Ideas?

Anyone with a 2012 model greenline(without phone preparation package) found the bluetooth settings?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I am normally very good with such things but cannot find it for the life of me!

Cheers in advance

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Everything was going fine. Then I must have accidentally turned traffic reports on (it was doing my :swear: head in - I've never needed a :swear: traffic report in 24 years of driving - just :swear: off!) - anyway, consulted the book - press the TP button - unfortunately, being an idiot I didn't notice the 'TP' button in the top-left corner - it showed 'TP' on the display so I thought you just pressed the - type button below that. After doing so I can no longer find BT-Media when pressing the Media button. The phone still works but no choons!! :wall:

Almost longing for the good old days when you stuck a C90 in and you had an hour and half of continuous music to accompany you on your journey.

Edited by Wee Bri