im starting to hate my fabia its costing me a bomb am i bien ripped off ? help

ive had my fabia for 6 months its a 1.2 htp classic 54bhp model on a 56plate brought it with 24k on the clock now has 45200 ive just passed hence the high milage increase its been serviced as usual and has served me pretty well up untill yesterday

i was about to drive home the car was upto temerature as i was driving it all day when sudenly the trottle wasent responding i was poking the accelerator and the engine wouldnt rev then let go the rev again then would rev up fine basicaly my car was like a kangaroo bouncing the the warning light came on saying epc i nursed the car home and took it to the skoda dealers today and after doing whatever they are saying there getting readings that the throttle body needs cleaning and brake sensor so thats £250 before they can fully diognose the problem :( so im just waiting now for a fone call tomorow witch is abit anoying i fort it would be a simple fix and not £250 :( just to let you know i do not hammer the car i drive at uner 30 and on motorway bang on 70 and do not rev the nutts of it pulling of ect nice and easy with it as i do a 300 mile round trip once a week and like to look after the car so basicaly tomorow its going to cost more than 250 and it still might not be fixed as they have to fix these problems before they can run codes on the car ? thats what the guy said is he taking a wee in my poket and telling me its raining ? please give advice ?

i feel like selling the car and buying another bike as these cars cost way to much as every body has allready told me welcome to the real world :(

any advice or info would be great thanks

£250 is a bit much for the work they're doing, but that's Skoda Dealer's prices for you.

To combat garage prices you could spanner up, get a Haynes manual, and give it a go yourself. To be fair this is one isolated fault, it's not like you've had to shell out £3000 in the past 6 months or something.

thanks for the advice guys and not my first fault only had 2 others witch was rear brake master cylider leaked and ruined drums and pads cost me 200 suplied and fitted by a highstreet garage and my coolant system has a leak somwere it seems to be coming from bottom corner of radiator the garage had it on ramps and couldnt find the leak ? its only half a cup a month proberly less but i owned a motorbike for 3 years and cost me 700 and spent 100 pounds in 3 years on just oil and plugs and fuel was 150mpg so this car and running costs are a shock for me 4k a year insurance and on my bike was 80pound a year its a joke i still love my skoda its a great car but lets just see tomorow how much it will cost im expecting its going to be 500+ but fingers crossed its fixed after the 250 pound job :(

I'd go back to a bike.

Obviously the running costs are bugging you and over 20,000 miles you've just had a few fairly minor faults on a five year old car.

Agreed, it's annoying. But it's nothing major. (or majorly expensive if you used a decent independent garage)

I still can't get over the £4,000 for insurance on a 1.2 Fabia. :o

4350 for your insurance, are you for real? Is that really the best price you could have got, also have you been banned numerous times or something? Insurance seems rather excessive? Hope you get the car sorted though. I'm not having a go just curious over your insurance premium.

yeh ino 4350 a year its a joke but got the car back today cost 300 and its running good again i am going to get another bike to plod about on to take the preasure of the fabia untill next year when the new superb is coming :)

If you're already paying that on a 1.2 Fabia I dread to think what the insurance on the Superb is going to cost! :o

Dealers are expensive but then you get people like me in them and I don't work for peanuts because I'm bloody good ;)

You clearly know your stuff, but I do wonder if some dealers have 17 year old "fitters" struggling to read through the Skoda service manual folders to sort out an issue :)

yeh ino 4350 a year its a joke but got the car back today cost 300 and its running good again i am going to get another bike to plod about on to take the preasure of the fabia untill next year when the new superb is coming :)

4350 Insurance a YEAR

you are kidding, you are obviously NOT 17.5 as you say you HAD bikes

DO you have DD, or multiple claims ?

As for the SUPERB 1.2 4350 Superb 6k someone is kidding someone ;)

Stick with your ARIEL SQUARE FOUR OR BMW R 1200 GS You could buy it outright with the insurance money

National

Hi guys sorry ent replied just got back from a 300 mile round trip made even longer by stupid roadworks on m5 junction 11-12 avoid these at all costs it's a nightmare and yes my insurance is 4350 I was 18 at the time with 6 points for no insurance in 2008 and that's it no claims no refused insurance but with 1 years no claims in 6 munfs it will go down plus my points will not have to be declared and I did shop around for a week and this was cheapest I could find . But as for the dealers prices my personal opinion is they should wear striped black and White jumpers and balaclavas as there out right crooks how is any body got a chance at keeping a car running with there prices it's a joke :(

Hi guys sorry ent replied just got back from a 300 mile round trip made even longer by stupid roadworks on m5 junction 11-12 avoid these at all costs it's a nightmare and yes my insurance is 4350 I was 18 at the time with 6 points for no insurance in 2008 and that's it no claims no refused insurance but with 1 years no claims in 6 munfs it will go down plus my points will not have to be declared and I did shop around for a week and this was cheapest I could find . But as for the dealers prices my personal opinion is they should wear striped black and White jumpers and balaclavas as there out right crooks how is any body got a chance at keeping a car running with there prices it's a joke :(

That explains it. Which is also why the insurance companies are shafting you big time.

They are not a fan of uninsured drivers, it's like stealing from them. They are just returning the favour. :)