Too good to be true?

Chris

Ok! So I really really want another superb and I've found a 2003 53 plate 1.8t comfort in nightfire blue. It is 1 owner from new, has a full history apart from needing one now. It has 4 keys and only has 27k on the clock. I haven't seen it yet as it is 60 miles away but I've had some contact with the garage.

It sounds too good to be true, such low mileage and it is up for 2.5k..they say it runs and looks great and having owned the exact same spec in the past i know what to look for in terms of the water ingress and the other niggling faults!

Anyone else think it sounds a bit too good to be true?

We have a couple of low mileage 1.8t Superbs that come in from time to time, seems to fit the engine config. Could be a great bargain, I'd check oil changes have been done and the same oil used each time if possible. Check for top end rattles, low mileage ones seem to suffer with oil pressure issues and timing chain tensioner noises.

It's a good engine but must be serviced on fully synthetic best oil to stop it coking up.

Also highly tunable, being basically a reconfigured Audi TT engine. Been told they take up to 300 PS without too much hassle.

They are cheap indeed, everyone seems to want a diesel Superb.

The manual 1.8 T actually has a near-enough identical fuel consumption to my 2.5 tdi Auto and same power too. Just likely to be not so smooth and possibly more reliable in the long term (cheaper fuel these days too by nearly 10ppl!).

I still have a diesel as most of my mileage is in Europe where diesel is still quite a bit cheaper than petrol.

4 keys?

I thought they came with 3.

They came with 2 full remote keys, one service key and one plastic bladed key :thumbup:.

The mileage would worry me though, an average of just over 3k miles PA is not good for a car :no:

Thanks guys, I didn't get there to have a look in the end! If it's still there next week I might go and have a look!!

I had a 1.8t comfort superb previously and it was spot on, apart from a split pipe somewhere iirc! It was ex police and served me well but I then decided I wanted better economy and bought a vectra! I wish I had kept it now :(