vrs alloys

17's with some staining under the laquer so they would benefit from a respray. I keep looking at alloy tyre combos and finding it hard to justify buying tyres when you can get a set of four with reasonable tread etc for the price of a single new tyre.

Anyone have any idea??

Now I have just had hunter 4 wheel alignment I may refurb and get some new rubber havent decided yet?

Edited by karlbar2k

A brand new set retails at c£900, but can't imagine who would ever pay this, as i have sold two sets one was pretty average to poor condition for £185 and a better set for £260, so i reckon that is your approx price range depending upon condition.

You may well get a bit more when people are looking for a second set of rims for winters, etc.

just seen a crap set on fleabay go for just over £200 but they had good tyres on iirc.

I just got a second set for £200 and they are original and in pritty good nich with only very minor curb on one rim and some minor bubbling.

I think its around the 2-300 mark tbh.

Personally Just get them refurbed correctly and stick some good tyres on them. Dont get aftermarket. Ive had several sets and the handling and fuel and ride all goes out the window. my car feels soo good on the std rims, only thing for me is the LCR brembos. but the LCR Ronals are just as good.

Ive tried a couple of sets of wheels on my vrs and gone back to spiders as Ive not yet found a wheel that suits vrs apart from standard ones,

Even bought another set of spiders that are in better condition than mine and im going to get them refurbed,

Just put a set of 225 45 17's i had lying around on my rear wheels to see how they fit as rolling radius is same as the 205's but just a little wider tyre

Ive tried a couple of sets of wheels on my vrs and gone back to spiders as Ive not yet found a wheel that suits vrs apart from standard ones,

Even bought another set of spiders that are in better condition than mine and im going to get them refurbed,

Just put a set of 225 45 17's i had lying around on my rear wheels to see how they fit as rolling radius is same as the 205's but just a little wider tyre

they are not quite the same! the 225 45 are slightly smaller RR

what is the going rate for Mk1 Octavia vrs alloys? I need some new tyres for mine and trying to decide if it would be better to sell them on and get some different ones?

I recon they are worth about 12 quid!..........funnily enough the same cost as joining Freedom. Then you can sell them legitimately on Briskoda.

Oh don't bother, i've heard them all before.