Is this sound normal?

FUBAR

I noticed a sound last night by chance driving with window open doesnt do it all time but it was a cold night dunno if that has any bearing on it. Sound in question is after reving engine gushing sound. Went to dealers where it typically wouldnt make the sound on request but demonstrating it myself the guy said its normal and is the wastegate doing its job and wont do it all the time but I would like anyone in heres opinion please. Got me paranoid drives with no lose of power at all cant hear it with radio on car only has 4044 miles today.

I noticed a sound last night by chance driving with window open doesnt do it all time but it was a cold night dunno if that has any bearing on it. Sound in question is after reving engine gushing sound. Went to dealers where it typically wouldnt make the sound on request but demonstrating it myself the guy said its normal and is the wastegate doing its job and wont do it all the time but I would like anyone in heres opinion please. Got me paranoid drives with no lose of power at all cant hear it with radio on car only has 4044 miles today.

Yep, sounds like a normal waste gate to me.

Fubar your will prob be more noticable as your car is mapped, and you prob have an aftermarket filter by now Im guessing, so you will be running more air through it than stock, making it more noticable.

Even the 1.6tdi does this. I like it actually, nice swichhhhhhh sound :rofl:

Only notice this when changing gears and if you go slowly on the acelerator you won´t notice it.

Edited by alberg