GoPro Hero / Blackvue / Roadhawk (+new Action Pro)

BossFox

Don't worry, they are a UK official importer. So it pretty much is direct unless you buy from abroad.

That's where the 80-odd units for the Briskoda group buy I organised came from.

They all arrived and any warranty issues have been resolved.

Thanks BossFox. :thumbup:

I wish i'd been a part of the group buy but missed out by a few days. :(

I have the GS600 from DOD its dam good for price 130 ish now was the 250 mark when i got it and blackvue was a lot more expensive at time. Anyone not able to afford blackvue start researching gs600 full hs 30fps gps data logging wtc similar size goes behind mirror discreetly.

I've ordered from this place, which i thought was direct from Blackvue until i checked afterwards and it isn't. I hope i actually receive my camera!! :(

http://www.blackvuehd.co.uk/BlackVue_DR400G_HD_v2.php

I haven't had a confirmation e-mail of my order being received or sent yet. All i've had is my PayPal receipt come through. Paid about £6 extra for 24 hour delivery, so it should come today after i ordered it at about 22:45 on Tuesday night.

Fingers crossed!!

Edit: Didn't need to worry, came 30 mins later!! :D

79EA26BB-52F4-463B-BBCC-F11F7D62FFD6-859-000000E3D2902079.jpg

The mkII has only recently come out I think, so you have got a nice recording unit there. :)

Major difference between DR400G-HD & DR400G -HD II :

1) Much improved /Sharper mega pixel lens

2) Improved recording time

(Higher compression technology)

3) Upgraded design and better cooling

The mkII has only recently come out I think, so you have got a nice recording unit there. :)

I really hope so. :) I got a bit worried when i put the memory catd into the computer and it was blank but then after reading up it looks like i have to put it in the camera first and it downloads the 'firmware' to the card, so will give that a try tomorrow and hopefully be ready for Combe. :)

Yes, first time you start the unit up with a card in it the base files get transfered from hard storage of the unit to the card.

Then you can pop the card into the computer, bring up the setup menu and adjust any options you want to.

Yes, first time you start the unit up with a card in it the base files get transfered from hard storage of the unit to the card.

Then you can pop the card into the computer, bring up the setup menu and adjust any options you want to.

Cheers. :) I spent ages thinking i had been sent a blank sd card before i Googled it. I wish the instructions had said that but it just told me how to insert into camera and how to insert into computer. :D

You have to download the files form the internet first.

It has a little program, this installs the firmware to the SD card and the software on your computer.

You will need both to do the adjustments to the camera. Because all the adjustments are stored on the card,

incl the firmware.

Do they have an english firmware for the HDII? Was wondering, because most of the sellers still say it is in development.

My camera came direct from Korea with Korean language on it. Had to upload the firmware to the cam in Korean and than adjust

the files on the card to english. After that it worked well.

You have to download the files form the internet first.

It has a little program, this installs the firmware to the SD card and the software on your computer.

You will need both to do the adjustments to the camera. Because all the adjustments are stored on the card,

incl the firmware.

Do they have an english firmware for the HDII? Was wondering, because most of the sellers still say it is in development.

My camera came direct from Korea with Korean language on it. Had to upload the firmware to the cam in Korean and than adjust

the files on the card to english. After that it worked well.

To be fair you are giving instructions based on a unit you bought from Korea to someone who has bought a unit in the UK.

You don't have to download anything from the internet first in my experience.Yes, you can download the latest firmware, if a later one is available. But the units are plug and play.

You pop the micro SD card in, power up and go.

It just takes a little while longer the first time as it has to copy the files from the unit to the SD card.u

• Like 1

Sorry didnt know that. Didnt want to give the wrong information.

Plug and play sounds a bit easier than the first start up I had :giggle:

Thanks for correcting

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the responses guys. :thumbup:

Shame i'm at work today, otherwise i could have had a play around with it. :) It's a shame it isn't compatable with iPhone at the moment though but that's just a small gripe from what looks like an excellent little camera.

Now i won't need to get my GF to hold my normal camera next time i want to record a journey, though she doesn't know i've bought this yet. ;):D

You wont be able to use it with the iPhone, as the app is for an android device with a micro SD slot.

On an android device you will have to put the micro SD card in the device to use the app and view the

recorded material. And as the iPhone doesnt have a slot.......

You wont be able to use it with the iPhone, as the app is for an android device with a micro SD slot.

On an android device you will have to put the micro SD card in the device to use the app and view the

recorded material. And as the iPhone doesnt have a slot.......

Such a shame it can't just be connected up with a wire. :( Stupid iPhone!! :D

I have an android tablet and tried to see the recorded files.

Problem with these devices (and with smart phones even more) is the

lack of cpu/gpu power. Far too slow to comfortably see the files.

I will stick to the iPhone and put the micro SD card into my pc. :giggle:

• 2 months later...

Just bought a Black Vue 400, can confirm all that has been said, discreet, easy to install and use, image quality is excellent even in the dark BUT the software isn't Mac friendly, I have to go back to the old HP laptop for all the extras.

I can watch and edit footage on the Mac though. I have asked TTW about Mac and they say next spring there should be new software available.

• 2 weeks later...

After the incident on Wednesday (as shown on the clip at the bottom of this post) I am looking at organising a 2nd group buy for Blackvue Drive Recorders as I really think they are worth having.

This is just a heads up really.

For those who want a budget option I've managed to find the model that's just gone out of production at a good price.

It's the basic 300 version with no GPS. It will cost around £100-£120.

Once I have 100% definate prices I'll start a new group buy for the 300 units and the new 380 and 400(version2) units too.

This is why having one is handy... wish I'd had a rear one too. It's made sorting out the insurance a breeze.

WWWHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!!! I wait and wait and then buy one myself and now you organise this!!! :D

Though the video shows one of the reasons why i bought one. I hope not too much damage was caused and so good you didn't get pushed into the van in front. :whew:

Had this happen to me in my Peugeot and it isn't nice being the filling in a sandwich!! :sweat:

I'd be up for one too. Probably one with at least HD recording. They easy to install permanently? I do use my GoPro but as you know the one time it's out of charge would be the time you needed it. Much damage to the Citigo?

I'd be up for one too. Probably one with at least HD recording. They easy to install permanently? I do use my GoPro but as you know the one time it's out of charge would be the time you needed it. Much damage to the Citigo?

The Blackvue 400 V2 is really easy to install, just a sticky pad to stick on the windscreen somewhere out of your field of vision. You can either run the wire down the trim or hardwire it into the car.

How hard? Guess for now I'll run it round the screen then under the seat somehow to the socket.

I have mine wired in so the 12V feed goes round the screen under the edge of the headlining (where you can't see it), then down the A post and into the fusebox with a direct ignition feed.

You do lose the parking function this way, but it means fit and forget.

It comes on about 10-15 seconds after I turn the car on every time.

Citigo is fine BTW, just a repaint of the rear bumper needed by the looks of it.

Considering I got hit lightly by the van and then shoved again as a Polo ploughed into the back of that , causing a 2nd bigger impact to the back of my car it's come off surprisingly well.