Newbie from dubai (uk expat from newcastle)

Buckles

Good morning ladies and gents of briskoda!

My name is buckles and I live in dubai, but soon to return back to the uk in the next couple of weeks to good old Newcastle upon Tyne.

Been sitting in the forum just reading posts and enjoying the reading.

When I'm back really want to get my hands on a brand new skoda Octavia VRS CR170 manual with the black Alcantara upholstery with red stitching, not fussy on colour as they are all nice.

My killer question would be in January whats the possibility of walking into the showroom and being able to take a car from there stock or a vehicle from one of the nationwide dealers from the uk. I see for the people who order a car from the factory it's taking such a long time I really can not wait that long.

Please put me out of my misery as would really like a car as soon as I get home!

Buckles

Hello Buckles, welcome along.

I wouldn't have thought that there's a great chance of walking in to a dealership and getting a CR straight off but there are some that pre-order cars, James at Allams being one I think, he's a sponsor on here so give him a shout if he doesn't chime in to this thread himself.

^^ Agreed, there are many dealers who will carry stock or have orders pending for stock cars. Give them a call (or email from Dubai may be easier) and see what they can do. James @ Allams is certainly a good starting point.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

I had previously been speaking to a chap at silbury skoda in cramlington and should contact Benfield skoda in newcastle to see what they have got or what have they coming.

Ideal is the met grey, black Alcantara seats with the convenience pack (auto dim etc) and the rear sun blind.

Cheers

Buckles

Welcome to Briskoda, you could try MSB at Darlington they usually have one sitting n their showroom ready to go. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

MSB, I will take a look for sure, thanks guys got 3 dealers to target so might be able to even get a full tank a fuel out of them as sh1tting my pants to fill up with a full tank of my own money! My last 2 cars here in dubai were a 2009 Subaru Impreza STI hatch with 380 bhp which I filled for 100 aed (16 quid) and got 300-350kms per tank, then up until 2 weeks ago I had a 2011.5 MY vw golf gti dsg that cost much the same as the STI but gave me 550-600 kms per tank

Buckles

There won't be many stock vRS' with the new Alcantara interior, I can't find one physically built.

EDIT- Just checked we are a few vRS Octavias that have left the factory that would be here in Jan, would be best to order one before the end of the year in case the 0% VAT deal goes.

There are Race Blue, Black Magic, Sprint Yellow, RALLYE GREEN(!), Corrida Red, Steel Grey, Candy White, Brilliant Silver, all should be in the UK in 2 weeks or so.

Where abouts in Dubai are you living?

Edited by Allams Skoda

There won't be many stock vRS' with the new Alcantara interior, I can't find one physically built.

EDIT- Just checked we are a few vRS Octavias that have left the factory that would be here in Jan, would be best to order one before the end of the year in case the 0% VAT deal goes.

There are Race Blue, Black Magic, Sprint Yellow, RALLYE GREEN(!), Corrida Red, Steel Grey, Candy White, Brilliant Silver, all should be in the UK in 2 weeks or so.

Where abouts in Dubai are you living?

Hi James,

Thank you for that info! Much appreciated.

Rally green you say! Nice

I have lived my time in Dubai in midriff near the airport but now my last few weeks me and the family are staying in tecom area next to the mall of the emirates. But really looking forward to the coldness of the north east of england! Heated seats.mmmmmmm.............

Buckles

Yeah Rallye Green is pretty awesome, haven't seen it on the Octavia yet but I love it on the Fabia.

I have a couple of friends in Tecom, I'm moving to just behind Falcon City (Off Emirates Road) in about 10 days time! How come you're moving back?

Yeah Rallye Green is pretty awesome, haven't seen it on the Octavia yet but I love it on the Fabia.

I have a couple of friends in Tecom, I'm moving to just behind Falcon City (Off Emirates Road) in about 10 days time! How come you're moving back?

Your moving to Dubai James?

I have been here nearly 4 years, came here when I Was 23 as a young wipper snapper and single, 27 now married with a 4 month child. It's amazing how everything in my life changed when I came to Dubai.

I used to sell volvo cars back in Newcastle upon tyne since I was 19, then I saw a add in AM online magazine recruiting sales people for the Al Futtaim group and I saw they had Volvo. Got the job selling volvo's in Dubai which is harder than selling sand to the Arabs as it's very much a Toyota, Nissan and Honda market due to the dreaded resale value expats bang on about. I did 2 years with Volvo and then got offered a career change with Bloomberg l.p as i sold a car prior to a senior member of the company and he wanted me to come and work for him.

4 years is enough now and with a young child this is not the best place to raise a child not to mention the expense of a raising a child here! (it might be tax free but apart from fuel this is a expensive place to live).I will be returning to work for my old man trading commercial vehicles and plant hence the need for the diesel version of the octy vrs, as it will be getting some miles put on it due to me having to travel around the country.

Good news is that the car comes in budget as obtained a contract hire quote last month from a dealer. And on top of that the old man was on the phone today saying that the motor needs to be sorted or at least ordered by 31st dec hence why I was asking about getting stock car or one a matter of weeks away. Thanks to James for the info tha ere could be a possability of getting one.

Buckles

Edited by Buckles

Yep, going to give it a go. My parents have been living there and been thinking about going for the last 2 years and I finally decided about a month ago as the time feels right.

I'm hoping to do 3-5 years in Dubai, I was also looking at Al Futtaim but Ali & Sons have just taken on Skoda and selling out of a showroom in Dubai just of SZ Road and also a showroom in Abu Dhabi but I don't know where. There seems to be a fair few jobs going at the moment in the motor trade which is probably where I'll end up out there since it's what I know.

School is very expensive in Dubai I think. Luckily not a problem for me.

Well I hope you enjoy your time back in the UK and the new/old job with your Dad works out okay.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=63994476&authType=name&authToken=7s9d&goback=

This guy is the guy to talk to if you want to go for skoda, he is the top man for skoda in UAE under Ali & sons. [email protected] give him a shout. Tbo, sell Toyota for al Futtaim. It's s license to print money! But you have not experienced anything until your first finance deal, it's not straight forward! Decisions take weeks, so much paper work, it's insane. If you take a car for 60 month finance you need to supply 60 cheques! And sign them all!

If you like a challenge sale then stick with skoda as not a lot on the road out here but that's why i enjoyed working for Volvo, very tuff sale.

Good luck

Buckles

Cool thanks I shall get in touch with him.

Al Futtaim don't seem to be looking for anyone to work in Toyota (which I'd be happy with), they seem to be recruiting for Honda at the moment though, but last time I was there I can't say I saw many Hondas on the roads, or perhaps I just didn't notice them.

Oh yes I've been hearing all about the way the finance works there, very backwards but I guess it works.

I'd like to stick with Skoda simply because I like the brand and I'd like to see where it goes. I'll send Andy a message and just ask a couple of questions.

Thanks Buckles!

Loads of Honda here pal, I think it's been a little slow for Honda due to the catastrophe that happened early this year. They are struggling with stock. Jus to help you a little more..........

Al Futtaim - Honda, Toyota, lexus, volvo, dodge jeep & Chrysler, auto mall used car division

AW Rostamani - Nissan, Renault, Infiniti, MG cars

Al habtoor - mistsubishi (money printers)

Al khoory automobiles - Subaru dubai only

Gargash - Mercedes all emirates excluding Abu dhabi as EMC emirates motor co has Abu dhabi

Galadari - Mazda

Al nabooda - vw, Audi and Porsche Dubai only

Ali & sons - all the above for Abu dhabi but yes.they have Skoda for the whole UAE

Swaidan trading llc - Peugeot

AGMC - BMW, rolls Royce, mini,

Al Tayer - ford, land rover, lincon, jaguar, maserati, Ferrari

Hopefully this can help you find something

Buckles

• Like 1

Hello and welcome. If you look over to the container terminal at Jebel Ali you'll see me! Small world. Not seen a Skoda over yet though!

I'm looking,....................

Not seen any VRS cars here bu plenty of the Octavia base models and a few mor superbs hitting th streets.

Good news for me as I have been given the green light to go ahead for the Octavia VRS CR170 when I get back sometime this month, just need to find me one now! The Hunt begins

Buckles

Hello and welcome. If you look over to the container terminal at Jebel Ali you'll see me! Small world. Not seen a Skoda over yet though!

I've seen a few when I was last there, mostly 1.6MPi Octavias and base Fabias, did see a couple of Superbs too. But not many at all, but the brand is pretty new to Dubai. You see a lot more Octavias in Sharjah though.

I'm looking,....................

Not seen any VRS cars here bu plenty of the Octavia base models and a few mor superbs hitting th streets.

Good news for me as I have been given the green light to go ahead for the Octavia VRS CR170 when I get back sometime this month, just need to find me one now! The Hunt begins

Buckles

I'll have to keep looking. Maybe when I sign off I'll get out into the city and go spotting!

Good news. Best Christmas present ever?

• 3 weeks later...