2012 Dyno/ Rolling Road

john_y

May I suggest SP Tuning?

Dyno Dynamics set up. Widley regarded as very accurate rollers.

Failing that there is "usually" a JKM RR day sometime early in the year which is always a good day out/drive

I had my Focus mapped at SP and run before and after on their rollers. Their advice was sound and straightforward and I believe from my modest gains that the rollers are as accurate as possible.

Monster Motorsport near where I work in Loughborough...

Where do you work gac? There is also Street Racers in Quorn and R Tech in Hinckley. The East Midlands is definitely well catered for. Hinckley is on the A5/M69 so easy to get to from West Midlands, Sth Midlands (I'm thinking Northants, all parts of Warks (up A46/M69)), easy from Rutland and from the North Mids too.

It pays to pick somewhere then say it is there, rather than just getting votes. I would sway toward CC Tuning myself but thats because I have been before. They guy could also offer discounted remaps on the day, then test them on the rollers. :thumbup:

Think that's the same with most dyno places.

May rule some people out due to location tho. Prob best to say east midlands, west midlands, south west, north east, etc dyno session do people know the area rather than the current lottery that is.

Good reliable rollers are needed tho. I tried to start a dyno location thread but it's not got very far... :(

• 2 months later...

If anybody is interested, I can approach SP Tuning. Forum meets are welcomed according to their site and the price discounted to £25 + VAT for 3 dyno runs with a minimum of 6 cars. I want mine run anyway, so FIRM commitment from another 5 and I will approach for a date.

Shark performance are in Mansfield -North East Midlands.

We are planning a meet in the West Midlands.

Who would prefer:

• Performance Torque - Wolverhampton
  • C.C. Tuning - Burton upon Trent

Do either have a 4 wheel drive rolling road please?

I know CC Tuning in Burton doesnt have a 4wd rolling road as ive been speaking to them recently. Guy the owns it is a really nice guy and is very knowledgable on the VAG's. I've been down there a few times recently and everytime hes had one on the rollers for remapping or one on the ramps for other general work.

Again i'd be happy to speak to him about a Briskoda day as hes always happy to do club days and offers discounts remaps on the day.

P-Torque is 2WD or Haldex 4WD only (or at least it used to be), as is Shark.

If people are interested, then I can try and speak to Monster in Loughborough (as I said, they're not far from where I work) and see if they'd run one. They have a full Dyno Dynamics 4WD setup, but I'm not aware of any Skoda that'd require it as Yetis and Scouts are all Haldex as far as I'm aware and can just have the fuse removed and run as a FWD car.

edit - oops, didn't realise this thread had turned into West Midlands specifically...

SP in Hinckley discount their normal shooutout (3 runs) price from £36 to £30 (inc VAT) for 6 or more cars, I am interested as is johnny5ive. Another 4 expressions of interest would make it viable, not a huge discount admittedly but a dyno meet nonetheless.

Any more takers?

Not familiar with SP myself. Do they know there stuff when it comes to VAG's?

I know in one sense a rolling road is a rolling road but I personally would like to go somewhere that has reasonable knowledge of the cars there running even if only for diagnostics and advice etc.

As I said im not familiar with these guys so if anyone can comment that would be appreciated as if there any good count me in :)

Not familiar with SP myself. Do they know there stuff when it comes to VAG's?

I know in one sense a rolling road is a rolling road but I personally would like to go somewhere that has reasonable knowledge of the cars there running even if only for diagnostics and advice etc.

As I said im not familiar with these guys so if anyone can comment that would be appreciated as if there any good count me in :)

I had my Focus remapped by them, I can't comment on what they do for VAG as I was looking at it purely from a meet to use their dyno. They seem to know their stuff and I had no issues with anything they did. It was more a case for me that they'd clearly thought about their set up and were interested in producing the most accurate results as they could. I'm going there anyway, whether I go on my own or as part of a group, but there is a small discount open to groups of 6 or more.

Edited by j0hn