What would you do?

t666top

About a month after buying my car(vrs mapped at 180/190) I did a oil change with some 0w40 but I didn't change the filter and now a month or so later it gets a bit stuttery every now and again. I been told that this could be sticky turbo vanes and is prob because I didn't chnage the filter and I did not flush the engine. I have been told that I shud flush the engine change the filter and give it some new oil. I have been told to stick to 0w40 buy one person but someone else has said I shud use 10w40 as this wudcause less rattles in engine and either one will be ok for the turbo. Just guaging on what u guys think and if anyone has had these issues before and weather a good service fixed their probs. Cheers

Running a mapped VRS on the wrong oil,, not even the right oil for the VRS itself

I hope the damage is not already done, but it sounds like it has started :-(

National

I agree, you must change filter or the small amount of dirty, contaminated oil gets mixed up with the new. Most Fabias have oil filter really accessable on the top of the engine so it's not difficult or a dirty job.

Been doing this for over 40 years- take my advice!

Wrong spec oil will make your engine take a dump and die.

No ifs, no buts, change it!! Quick time like!!

Make sure the filter is changed this time too.

I hope your engine survives :wonder: