DSG remap

sauron

Hello, is there anybody who has remaped or knows details about the new unitronic DSG DQ200 (transverse 7sp) remap? which features are added to this low budget DSG? Launch control? more torque handling? ????

Thanks!

Hello, is there anybody who has remaped or knows details about the new unitronic DSG DQ200 (transverse 7sp) remap? which features are added to this low budget DSG? Launch control? more torque handling? ????

Thanks!

It is limited to 250 Nm if it is to cover the 4000,000 Km that is its planned life time. Some tuners are running it up to 380 Nm apparently without slipping problems but I would not run it that high.

Since the 250 NM of torque starts reducing from 4500 rpm and the engine is capable of running up to 7000 rpm then it seems to the tuner's norm to let the torque stay in the 250-320 Nm range where the power will rise to around 215 hp at around 5500-6000 rpm which the standard turbo will work with.

The gearing of the 7 speed DSG means that the revs are still only around 5500 rpm at 250 kph/155 mph but you can only do these sorts of speeds on certain parts of the German Autobanns. The speed is showing over 160 mph, 260 kph on the speedo of course due to the standard over-reading as they are only marked around to those figures. There are well respective tuners who can do this in the UK and Germany, do not know about Chile, South America!

Edited by lol

thanks mate, i really appreciate your answer. I bought this car for daily use (drive a lot of kms per week) and it really works great, my only complaint was about the Dq200 and its crappy 250nm. I remaped the car when it was 2000 kms, with revo and failed, after unitronic and failed as well. When remapped, it was really impossible to run on reverse gently and slow (no way to park the car in a small space). I just jumped in reverse as soon R was engaged and throttled. Now I'm stock, looking forward to remap again just if this reverse issue is solved and also if the raise in torque could be handled by th dq200. Have not seen to much info about this engine and dsg combination tuned, so that was another reason to return the car to stock map.

Anyway, lets see what Unitronic replies me, I already send them a message.

Thanks!

nice link, thanks!

Unitronic just realesed a remap for dq200, I have insisted by mail to clarify features added and torque limit surpassed by a ecu stage 1. No correct answer.....they have just said all appears in their website, which is not true.

This guys of unitronic really suck, can't provide a precise answer, i guess they really have no clue if the dq200 can hold for sure a stage 1.

thanks guys

• 2 months later...

No DSG remap for the latest Octavia VRS tsi from REVO. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

We can do that for you. Our DSG remaps are £249 inc VAT or £199 to existing customers (or if you purchase an ECU map at the same time).

Now that is good news. Does the DSG remap remove that loss in power when going from braking to accellerating?

One thing that puzzles me is the difference in increase in hp quoted by REVO (75bhp for the TSI) and other tuners!

How long will both processes take? Not that I want it doing! It's more out of interest. :dull:

You'd have to demonstrate exactly what you mean regarding the power loss issue, we can work with you to solve it.

For both we'd need your car for most of the day, 4-5 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, just visited unitronic dealer in Chile, prior flashing, dsg stock map must be readed by unitronic....direct connection to DSG plug (not obd)...

Harness not available yet :@ :@ :@

You'd have to demonstrate exactly what you mean regarding the power loss issue, we can work with you to solve it.

Shark, Is it possible to remap my DSG (dq200) via STS?

I cannot see octavia 1z 1.8 TSI on your web site, is there any remap and STS for it?

thanks

• 1 month later...

This is what another forum is showing from a member with DSG....................Removal of ecu limiter that cuts power when brakes are applied

I don't want to sound fussy but you do do the latest DSG remaps on the 2011 Octy 2.0 TSI which I've been told has the latest version of the 6 speed DSG?

Hopefully, I will be down to see you in the next few weeks for a double remap :sun:

Yes we can and do remap the latest 2011/2012 6speed DSG gearboxes, we had a 2012 S3 in yesterday having one done.

If by the power loss issue, you mean can you brake with your left foot without the ECU cutting power, then we have been doing this on manual cars for a long time, if requested. The DSG has it's own ideas about this and we've neer been asked to look at that, but we'd be very happy to whilst your car is in with us.

Shark, Is it possible to remap my DSG (dq200) via STS?

I cannot see octavia 1z 1.8 TSI on your web site, is there any remap and STS for it?

thanks

Unfortunately the STS cannot deliver DSG software.

We do offer a remap for the 1.8TSI but it appears to be missing from the Octavia listing for some reason. STS works on the earlier ones, but the later ones have ECU protection which means they cannot be remapped over the OBD port. How old is your car?

Ben,

What do you alter on the 6spd DSG? I wasn't aware of anyone cracking the coding on the newer boxes yet and is something I'm interested in.

Hi Carl

The choice is entirely yours, but what we usually do (and by no means limited to)

Alter gear/rpm limits so the car doesn't always want to be in 6th gear at 30mph (how annoying)

Remove automatic upshift when in manual mode (car will rev to ECU RPM limiter instead)

Alter RPM limiter/upshift point at WOT in automatic mode to 7,000rpm

Increase torque limiter to 450Nm

Increase clutch clamping pressures to ensure higher torque is catered for

Marginally faster gear changes

Sorry if I've missed anything, I'm a bit rusty ;)

We don't list it on the site as it's not available via dealers, so it's more of an "ask" service if you like. It's £249 including VAT or £199 to customers with one of our remaps.

• 2 years later...

Shark... I have a Superb 1.8 TSI but with 7sp DSG. Since this gearbox is rumoured to be "weak", what's the best BHP/MPG remap you can offer without risk as I'm in warranty year 4? Or is it too risky for the 7sp? I just want a couple of years of "fun" before the rumoured Octavia VRS 280 coupe is available.