cruise control

That is the right kit for the 1.8T yes, the two loom kit has now been changed to a single loom, sorry if I miss led you.

Thanks. Thats good to hear as it looks a lot simpler to install then the one with the extra loom as I've seen instructions for both! Lol

Any ideas from anyone that has fitted this kit? Instructions do seem to be for the 1.8t AUQ?

Hi there , yes i would say you have the right kit as you have the newer version. I fitted the older version that needed 2 looms

I have just completed a DIY fitting guide found here in techy section:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/223636-diy-guide-for-fitting-cruise-control/page__gopid__2630399#entry2630399

may find useful...

rgds

Mark

Edited by Bowders1

Hi there , yes i woudl say you hav eteh right kit as you have teh newer version . I fitted teh older version that needed 2 looms

I have just completed a DIY fitting guide found here in techy section:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/223636-diy-guide-for-fitting-cruise-control/page__gopid__2630399#entry2630399

may find useful...

rgds

Mark

Thanks, i will print that off and have a read :thumbup:

Can anyone confirm the part number(s) and pricing of these bits? There is a kit on eBay that is the best part of £90.

Ordered the whole kit from Skoda, the part number is BEA300003 for the 1.8T and was £69 :thumbup:

Just ordered my kit from Progress Skoda Letchworth, the guy even did me a 10% discount on it (I didn't even tell him I'm a member or brisky) making it £63.10 or something. It's a special order part so he said it should be in on Wednesday next week. I'll have a look at the instructions when I pick it up and might have a go at fitting it myself next weekend.

I fitted mine today, quite straight forward in the end although it took a few hours but that included taking our time and lots of tea breaks! Haven't used it yet though as I haven't activated the feature on the ECU yet, waiting to I see someone with vagcom! Lol

Edited by Nickbes

Where abouts in Essex are you Nickbes? If you're not too far would you be interested in helping with mine in exchange for some beer tokens? :D

I'm right down in Rayleigh so a bit far and I need to see if mine works first! Lol also im not that confident with wiring the ECU plugs so I got a mate to help as he is an electrical engineer so he did that bit! Lol. To be honest if you take your time and use the instructions supplied and with a bit off help from the guide Mark has done above it will be ok. Took us about 3 hours with tea breaks! Lol

Edited by Nickbes

• 3 weeks later...

Got it working now Nick?

I found out that the stalk Skoda supply is the older style one (part number starting 8LO), the newer style one is 1J0 953 513. I'm going to see if Skoda can order the newer one and allow me to swap it over, otherwise I might sell the kit I have and order the stalk/loom from a VW dealer instead.

Got it working now Nick?

I found out that the stalk Skoda supply is the older style one (part number starting 8LO), the newer style one is 1J0 953 513. I'm going to see if Skoda can order the newer one and allow me to swap it over, otherwise I might sell the kit I have and order the stalk/loom from a VW dealer instead.

I have the older one fitted , still works ok... May get newer stalk if I find one cheaper but as cruise is working fine not on my priority list. Why do you want to change yours..

Got it working now Nick?

Not yet! Lol I have fitted the kit and it has now been activated with vag-com but it doesn't seem to work! I am going to check my wiring again and hope its something simple like the wire in the back of the fuse box but I have not had a chance to take it apart again and check, its dark during the week when I get home from work and I have been to busy at weekends! :rofl:

Not yet! Lol I have fitted the kit and it has now been activated with vag-com but it doesn't seem to work! I am going to check my wiring again and hope its something simple like the wire in the back of the fuse box but I have not had a chance to take it apart again and check, its dark during the week when I get home from work and I have been to busy at weekends! :rofl:

Aah, my mate fitted his to his VW Bora on Saturday and had the same problem. We worked out he had a faulty clutch switch which was preventing it from working, you should be able to test the brake/clutch switches with VAG-COM/VCDS.

Aah, my mate fitted his to his VW Bora on Saturday and had the same problem. We worked out he had a faulty clutch switch which was preventing it from working, you should be able to test the brake/clutch switches with VAG-COM/VCDS.

Yeh I did think of the brake or clutch switch but didn't scan the can the car after fitting the cruse control! Lol. How easy is it to change the clutch and brake switch? And did you have to clear the fault codes after changing the switch or did the cruise just start working straight away?

I think it's quite straightforward but I wasn't there when he changed the clutch switch. You won't get fault codes for the brake/clutch switch I don't think as the car doesn't know if/when the pedals are physically depressed. I think it just started working after he had changed the switch, we had already activated it with VCDS prior to that so it was just the clutch switch stopping it.

Thanks, I will try the wire that goes in to the back of the fuse box first (I think that is the one that supplies the power to the cruse functions on the stalk) as we had to use a crimp connector for that one! lol

If that is getting power then I will try the brake/clutch switches next.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to look at this today and it was the power wire in the back of the fuse box and a dodgy crimp connector! A bit of solder and it is now all working as it should and I'm really pleased with it.

Wish I had taken the time to look at it before the 7 hour round trip to Nottingham last weekend! Lol