BF Goodrich

Bezzy

Hi Guys,

Will be needing new tyres soon and have been ringing round to get some quotes. I've been offered some BF Goodrich at £100 a tyre fully fitted VAT included.

Has anyone got any experience of this manufacturer? How durable are the tyres? Is it worth paying a bit more for Bridgestones to get something which will last a fair bit longer?

Any other recommendations of a durable tyre for the MK 1 Fabia vRS?

Cheers,

Dan

BF Goodridge were the only tyres I#'d use on my Defender. They are the best.

But I'm guesing it's not off-road tyres you are buying... :D

They are a well known maker though.

Ah, well, it's a good start that somebody has at least heard of them! Not planning on off roading, but still useful to know that you rate their tyres :thumbup:

It would ne useful to know exactly with BFG you are thinking of getting.

As Boss Fox says, in the off-road world BFG have a VERY good reputation. They might be expensive but they last for ever.

Ah, well, it's a good start that somebody has at least heard of them! Not planning on off roading, but still useful to know that you rate their tyres :thumbup:

if its this tyre, check out these reviews ! :thumbup:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/BFGoodrich/gForce-Profiler-2.htm

my local tyre place swears by this tyre... This brand is big in america, well respected, I'm fairly sure they are a subsidary of a bigger maker, goodyear or something...

my local tyre place swears by this tyre... This brand is big in america, well respected, I'm fairly sure they are a subsidary of a bigger maker, goodyear or something...

Yeah, the guy at the tyre centre said they were made by Michelin. Thanks for the link, I will check the exact tyre model and then have a quick read through there.

Cheers :thumbup:

I've had BFG's all terrains on a few landys and a landcruiser. They are a class tyre and well proven. They may be more expensive to buy but will last longer than most. They do a mud terrain as well but if you are not going in the sticky stuff get the all terrains. :thumbup:

BFG are a better tyre IMHO than the Nero's. Had both and not too keen on the Nero's however the BFG's are good value good grip and lasted as long. I do 40k a year across a few cars so tend to get through some tyre's. Not a tyre buff but use the local dealer so what they have at the time. Next buy for me if in stock will be the latest Goodyear Eagle F2 Asymmetric.

My mum has a Mazda 2 (56 plate which has very low profile P Zero Nero tyres (as supplied from manufacturer) and they have been terrible for blow outs -she's had one go on hitting the curb parking and another strip right off the wheel at 50mph leaving just the bead on the rim -I'd avoid these tyres.

• 1 month later...

Just to update this topic: -

I eventually purchased two Goodyear Efficient Grip 83W tyres using f1 autocentres price promise guarantee. This made the tyres come out at £93.50 each, fully fitted. Noticed the fuel economy go up a little, and the grip seems fine. Will be replacing the other two with these when the time comes, just hope they wear slowly as advertised too, so far very happy though!