My Yeti is here...sort of

Zippyijk

Well my Yeti is in the country (Ireland) and at the dealers apparently but I won't get my hands on it until probably the 2nd week in January as they won't have it registered and on nice 12-D-XXXX plates until then.

They better not be ragging it about over Christmas or using it for test drives!

Well my Yeti is in the country (Ireland) and at the dealers apparently but I won't get my hands on it until probably the 2nd week in January as they won't have it registered and on nice 12-D-XXXX plates until then.

I don,t think they will. The car was probably delivered yesterday from Cork. Most Irish dealers finished up Yesterday (23/12/11) until 3/1/12. Your car probably just arrived on the 22/12 as the African Highway moored at 0500hrs on that day straight from Emden. Given that it has to have its PDI and that there are probably other cars to have this done also I think the 2nd week in January appears reasonable. I can imagine the first day back for in January for a technician can be a daunting task with sales staff on their case for new cars to be prepared etc. Also revenue in Shannon will be under pressure so the dealers have to wait in turn to get stat codes etc for new vehicles in order to register them. It could be worse, our neighbours in the UK have to wait months for their new cars. Which dealer did you buy from by the way?

Edited by Photoemt

It could be worse, our neighbours in the UK have to wait months for their new cars. Which dealer did you buy from by the way?

Not always. I waited two weeks for mine. :-)

Nollaig chridheil Agus bliadhna mhath ur

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

Not always. I waited two weeks for mine. :-)

Nollaig chridheil Agus bliadhna mhath ur

Agus Tu Fein

Are you perhaps the exception that proves the rule?

Edited by Photoemt

Moran taing. I think it's because I bought a petrol. The waiting times seem to be much shorter for petrol engines. Apparently its due to all the diesels being prioritisedfor china

I don,t think they will. The car was probably delivered yesterday from Cork. Most Irish dealers finished up Yesterday (23/12/11) until 3/1/12. Your car probably just arrived on the 22/12 as the African Highway moored at 0500hrs on that day straight from Emden. Given that it has to have its PDI and that there are probably other cars to have this done also I think the 2nd week in January appears reasonable. I can imagine the first day back for in January for a technician can be a daunting task with sales staff on their case for new cars to be prepared etc. Also revenue in Shannon will be under pressure so the dealers have to wait in turn to get stat codes etc for new vehicles in order to register them. It could be worse, our neighbours in the UK have to wait months for their new cars. Which dealer did you buy from by the way?

It's a company car so its the fleet company that ordered it. I believe it was through Autostation in Sandyford, thats where the usually get their VAG stuff.

In fairness I'm not too worried about the wait....its been 4 months now so I can wait another week or two :)

It's a company car so its the fleet company that ordered it. I believe it was through Autostation in Sandyford, thats where the usually get their VAG stuff.

In fairness I'm not too worried about the wait....its been 4 months now so I can wait another week or two :)

What engine and spec did you go for?

Thats the spec I am waiting for too from Arnold Clark Leasing through my work. Been told I will get it in January but not given a build week. That was a few weeks ago so not holding my breath.

1.6TDI Greenline Elegance

Thats the spec I am waiting for too from Arnold Clark Leasing through my work. Been told I will get it in January but not given a build week. That was a few weeks ago so not holding my breath.

Nice spec, the only concern I have is the lack of a spare wheel.

Nice spec, the only concern I have is the lack of a spare wheel.

In my 14 years of driving I've never had a puncture :)

Plus the fact it's a company car so they'll be paying for any new tyres.

I'll put up some pics when I get it.

Thats the same as me so I just have to phone and a nice breakdown service man comes and changes it for me. :giggle:

In my 14 years of driving I've never had a puncture :)

I'll put up some pics when I get it.

Thats the same as me so I just have to phone and a nice breakdown service man comes and changes it for me. :giggle:

Nice work if you can get it.

Lucky you!! I put in my order for a 2.0 TDi 110 Elegance just before Christmas but probably wont be seeing it until March. Still, tis nice to have something to look forward to...

MARCH that will be good, ordered mine DEC last year turned up in May

I think it's because I bought a petrol. The waiting times seem to be much shorter for petrol engines. Apparently its due to all the diesels being prioritised for china

That's interesting - when I was seeing my XF being built at Castle Bromwich, it was all the 3.0l petrol engines which were destined for China - the 5.0l petrols were mostly for the USA and the Arab states and the 3.0l diesels were for Europe.

Mark

The main dealer in Newcastle was quoting 7/8 months back in the end of October!

I ordered mine through DTD being supplied by Hayselden Doncaster

I have been given a build date of week 5--- anyone any thoughts when I might get it?

• 2 weeks later...

Any update, have you got it or is it still at the dealers?