It might have been a mad thing to do

Paul007

but I've got a yellow Octy vRS. Any advice from would be detailers or pro's on here how to keep it looking yellow ?

DSCF0471.jpg

Edited by Paul007

Don't know long term but I just clean it and polish/wax it. Gave it a once over with a machine polisher when I first bought it, got rid of a few light swirls. Just given it a winter clean, poor boys white diamond glaze and a coat of collonite wax. :)

Just put a high grade wax/sealant on it. make sure you give it a good coat on the bottom of the doors and the rear because that's where dirt collects and on the yellow it will show more. The more cover you put in these areas, the easier it will be to keep clean with out damaging the paint.

• 3 weeks later...

No real difference in the care required Paul. Like any 'strong' colour, it can suffer from UV and fade, like red does. Well just that it appears to suffer more than other colours, but that's a whole different discussion altogether! Plus with a modern paint finish and clearcoat, it's less of an issue anyway.

Quite a few of the decent wax producers have formulated waxes that work best with lighter colours. But I would just continue with the same level of car that you gave your previous motor emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Have you put up any pics of the new motor? Or have I missed them?

Cheers,

Steve

but I've got a yellow Octy vRS. Any advice from would be detailers or pro's on here how to keep it looking yellow ?

Is this a new MK2 FL vRS or an older model?

Yellow is one of those solid colours that over time, depending on your wash technique may suffer from looking very 'grey' and hazy, key things are to get a good base and just keep it well protected, ensuring you have a safe wash process to not inflict any swirls and scratches, such an example of a poor wash technique over many years can be seen in the link below and finally the end results of a machined yellow finish:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166063

Enjoy the new motor........ :thumbup:

No real difference in the care required Paul. Like any 'strong' colour, it can suffer from UV and fade, like red does. Well just that it appears to suffer more than other colours, but that's a whole different discussion altogether! Plus with a modern paint finish and clearcoat, it's less of an issue anyway.

Quite a few of the decent wax producers have formulated waxes that work best with lighter colours. But I would just continue with the same level of car that you gave your previous motor emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Have you put up any pics of the new motor? Or have I missed them?

Cheers,

Steve

Updated thread. I think I've got another going somewhere too quite by accident :rofl:

+1 for the CarLack twins. I routinely use these on my car. Great stuff; very economical.

Recently I discovered that you can dilute the LLS carlack 50:50 with deionised water and use it as a detailing/drying-aid spray after each wash.

:thumbup: