New 2012 Octavia 1.2

keithjohnhall

Greetings from the frozen North.

After nearly 4 years of driving a 1.9 deisel fabia estate, I have now ordered a 2012 Octavia 1,2 TSI DSG. I really wanted the 1.4,but I was told that the 1.4 was being phased out as the 1.2 was a good as the 1.4 and cheaper. I was very impressed with the test drive performance,although I did notice a lag flooring it from a standing start, but I have not tried the sport mode yet. I will have to wait (nearly 5 months build time)

I may be preached to the converted, but I am a fully converted Skoda lover. The Fabia has been fantastic both on long journeys ( the longest was from Oslo to Devon during the Volcanic ash crisis)

or as a work horse filled up with junk for numerous journeys to the tip.

Road holding as been excellent on all kinds of snow and ice (winter tyres)and I have never lost control regardless of conditions and no problem starting, even at minus 16c.Another main reason for buying another Skoda has been the service.It has been second to none,they even fixed and repaired a jammed seatbeat in the back seat free of charge even though it was entirely my fault.

I begin to wonder if it is part of Skoda's policy to provide the best possible service,to keep the customers coming back.If it is it works.....

Regards

Keith Hall