diesil vrs

skodafab

Am looking to downsize from my octy cr vrs but dont want a petrol atried a monte carlo and its not got enough ummph after a CR170 vrs has any one heard of any rumours assosiated with the diesil vrs coming back/. I notice audi have put the 140 diesil in there A1 so who knows your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :rofl:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I hope they don't produce one. Been there, done that. It doesn't add up in the end.

The diesel was great for economy and was nippy, but the new car is in a different league. Take no notice of anyone who says that there mapped diesel Mk1 will be quicker than the current car. I had a mapped (170bhp) Mk1 - coilovers, Jabba ARB, CAIS, and it was quick, but not ultimately as the current car.

At the end of the day, if you want a 'performance' car, buy one. The diesel runs out of puff too quickly and that feeling of speed is a little artificial. They tend to be 'nose heavy' as well ruining the handling somewhat.

You then defeat the option of having an economical car with some adequate performance by spending lots on modifications and getting 30mpg instead of 50mpg. Add to that 'performance' diesel in my area is 60p (ish) a gallon more expensive than 'performance' petrol (£6 a tank) then the extra initial cost of buying a diesel car, I won't be going there again.

Diesel - Economy, nippy, expensive (to buy and run) - BP Ultimate diesel - £1.49 litre

Petrol - Quick, relatively inexpensive (to buy and run) - Texaco High Octane - £1.34 litre

1325260025[/url]' post='2626867']

To be honest, I hope they don't produce one. Been there, done that. It doesn't add up in the end.

The diesel was great for economy and was nippy, but the new car is in a different league. Take no notice of anyone who says that there mapped diesel Mk1 will be quicker than the current car. I had a mapped (170bhp) Mk1 - coilovers, Jabba ARB, CAIS, and it was quick, but not ultimately as the current car.

At the end of the day, if you want a 'performance' car, buy one. The diesel runs out of puff too quickly and that feeling of speed is a little artificial. They tend to be 'nose heavy' as well ruining the handling somewhat.

You then defeat the option of having an economical car with some adequate performance by spending lots on modifications and getting 30mpg instead of 50mpg. Add to that 'performance' diesel in my area is 60p (ish) a gallon more expensive than 'performance' petrol (£6 a tank) then the extra initial cost of buying a diesel car, I won't be going there again.

Diesel - Economy, nippy, expensive (to buy and run) - BP Ultimate diesel - £1.49 litre

Petrol - Quick, relatively inexpensive (to buy and run) - Texaco High Octane - £1.34 litre

Ah but the gearbox will be made of metally stuff and not made of chocolate like the current vrs emoticon-0104-surprised.gif Now I will wait for the spears to arrive, they will make a fabia vrs diesel but not on the old polo chassis it will be on the new A1 chassis with 170 bhp or higher and definitely with the 2.0 crtdi engine

Slim to none.

What people fail to realise, is that the Fabia is an older platform, which is not that same as the A1/Polo/Ibiza - jut because they've got a particular engine, doesn't mean Skoda have one too.

The best chance is for the next shape Fabia on the newer platform.

Zero chance in the current model IMO.

It's more likely to be a sport model anyway than a VRS, as the current petrol VRS is noticably faster than the old diesel which was just a warm hatch with cheap running costs. I'd expect them to keep the VRS badge for the faster version, more likely to be a 1.6 turbo petrol.

Agree with BossFox - the platform can't take the new 2.0 TDI but the next one will as per the Ibiza FR TDI. However I expect the new Fabia 3 vRS to have the 1.6T everyone is on about.

1325260921[/url]' post='2626881']

Slim to none.

What people fail to realise, is that the Fabia is an older platform, which is not that same as the A1/Polo/Ibiza - jut because they've got a particular engine, doesn't mean Skoda have one too.

As said previous needs the new platform/ chassis will be available on the fabia in 2013 and will come in petrol l and diesel like the octy

Edited by seboni121

ah i see didnt realize that was the case not well up on fabia looks like i may have to have a serious look at the A1 then for now

:rofl:

The 2.0 diesel A1 does look interesting, but it seems a bit expensive at 19k(ish) without any of the better options.

And it's only got about 140bhp, which is low for a flagship diesel. The mkI Fabia VRS had 130 out of a 1.9tdi ten years ago!

I'd see if they are planning a proper sporty diesel as that engine already comes in other cars with 170bhp or more.

Ah but the gearbox will be made of metally stuff and not made of chocolate like the current vrs emoticon-0104-surprised.gif Now I will wait for the spears to arrive, they will make a fabia vrs diesel but not on the old polo chassis it will be on the new A1 chassis with 170 bhp or higher and definitely with the 2.0 crtdi engine

I was out and checked today 'mon, no chocolate under my hood.

Don't know where you got your info from, but I think Willy Wonka is the wrong man to ask ;).

Just look at the 5th gear re-run the new fr Ibiza with the new chassis and the latest hot diesel, just whooped the new mini cooper sd emoticon-0140-rofl.gif It's the start of a new adventure bring on the vrs 3 ddiesel emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

No thanks emoticon-0105-wink.gif

I don't have a problem with the new fab vrs but I fail to see what the hype is about especially people saying how quick it is lol I test drove one and was very very disapointed. I thought it would have went like a scalded cat lol but was merely average in every area. IMO if course. And those saying its faster than a mapped mk1 not that you should be comparing them but i completely disagree, there would be no more than a car length max for either car dependant upon driver

Edited by wilsy7

I thought this but I'm fully converted to DSG. It's an epic bit of kit and takes away no fun whatsoever

Completely agree. Manual V Paddles & DSG = NO CONTEST

Using the paddles especially through fast corners, approaching roundaouts, overtaking (very quickly drop 2/3 cogs) hands on the wheel. The technology is only going to get better in future as well. Awesome !

I'm converted for life emoticon-0148-yes.gif