Water in footwells

Have a search on here - it is a very common problem and has been covered many a time, so a few pointers below.

Driver side:

- door membranes and/or drainage holes

- bonnet release cable through to bulkhead

- wiring loom through to bulkhead

- blocked scuttle drain on drivers side (when combined with the above two bulkhead grommets)

- blocked sunroof drains (if fitted)

- window left open :rofl:

Ok checked the scuttle today and it didn't seem too bad. A quick question though.

The plastic bits that cover the holes where the roof rack attaches are missing on the drivers side. One front and one rear. Do the channels under these drain anywhere. Have I just found the obvious place where the water is coming from!

Will do the arch liner. I assumed its a few screws taken off and can be done with the wheels still on?

And yeah I have an after market stereo. Just that though. No amp, but did replace the speakers.

Will do the arch liner. I assumed its a few screws taken off and can be done with the wheels still on?

It's easier with the wheels off unless you use a small key to undo the screws. If you've got front mudguards that further complicates things

Yeah I cut therm brand slightly but made a deeper cover with ducktape so shouldn't get water in through there.

I do have front mudflaps, so beat with wheel off then eh?

I've been. Heckling around the doors and can't see any obvious marks where water has come through and none of the carpet on the sides is wet, just the floors.

Have you actually taken off the plastic scuttle trims?

+1 for this.

I had a water leak on the drivers side.

I removed the scuttle to check the bonnet release cable grommet, that was fine, however when I took a good look at the corner of the scuttle- there was enough mulch to do a small shrubury in there.

Same with my arch liners, however I believe the front mud flaps would prevent a lot of crapola getting in to the arches!

Yep scuttle off. Grommet in place and seemed fairly solid. A fair bit o crud but not too much. The drain hole at the front wing side of te scuttle is now well and truly clear. Got the vac on it. But don't tell the missus!