temperature gauge

i have a fabia 1.2 htp without the maxi dot or mdi.

i can't see any digital or anologue temperature gauge for the engine or oil. is it hidden in one of the menus or somewhere. i can't believe it doesn't have any sort of temperature gauge for the oil or engine.

Blue temperature symbol on the dash when you start up, that goes out when the engine is warm. Becomes red if the temperature is too high.

that's a bit cheap, no temperature reading,

i've never noticed a blue light, maybe my engine warms up quick, i'll notice it next time

BMW 320D SE doesn't have one either and it costs a lot more than a 1.2 Fabia.

The pre facelift Fabia II's without maxi dot don't have the blue low temperature light, but there is a red one if the engine becomes too warm.

This is correct my Mk2 12 sport doesn't have a blue light or did my Ibiza 2009

Edited by curs

1325785825[/url]' post='2633647']

Could be but I would expect especially in countries with colder climates to be mandatory. I'm confused now. Could it be something VCDS can tweak?

Oh don't start me off on vcds, I've got maxi- dot on my elegance and dealer said you've not got the right maxi, to have needle sweep and alarm chirp , I need the maxi dot with the steering wheel buttons to enable these ? Did not know there was different maxi dot !

I have a pre facelift 2010 PD engined Fabia Greenline (based on the Fabia 2).No maxidot but with the digital centre readout for fuel gauge and trip etc

It has a blue light when cold that goes off to tell you its ok to give it some beans. It comes on red if it overheats...never had that happen yet cross fingers.

No temp gauge as such and to be honest I dont miss it

Mine has the blue light (Roomster 1.2Tsi) but I have a friend of mine who owns a pre F/L Fabia II 1.4 (basic trim level) that don't have the blue light. I think the blue light's existence depends on the trim level.

Off topic. In my dash panel I can see the light bulb warning light but never, never, never comes on when I turn the ignition on. So I have to wait for a light bulb to blow :rofl:

1325843731[/url]' post='2634483']

Mine has the blue light (Roomster 1.2Tsi) but I have a friend of mine who owns a pre F/L Fabia II 1.4 (basic trim level) that don't have the blue light. I think the blue light's existence depends on the trim level.

Off topic. In my dash panel I can see the light bulb warning light but never, never, never comes on when I turn the ignition on. So I have to wait for a light bulb to blow :rofl:

I have base fabia no blue light

I checked again, there is no blue light, only amber lights and one red hand brake light. that's really cheap, no temperature light, let alone any temperature reading.

perhaps on certain models or certain years have them

Edited by fabia55

My Alfa had a very big red light in the middle of the dash reminding you not to thrash it until it had warmed up.

When the light went out you put the pedal to the metal and listened to the glorious wail from the exhausts.

Then shortly after you had the clonk and whatever was todays warning lamp and you looked for somewhere to freewheel to and call the RAC.

Happy days.