Retro-fit heated seat elements

skomaz

Exactly as above really...

SWMBO has bought me a cheap heated seat cover for Chrimbo as I've been complaining that the Fabia that I use for work doesn't have heated seats whereas Octavia does.

It plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and works well but rather than strapping it on top of the seat I was debating taking the elements out of it and fitting them under the OE seat covers and then hard-wiring it in via an ignition switched relay...

Ideally I'd like to just undo the back of the OE covers and slide the elements in rather than taking the seat out and fighting with the whole cover and hog rings etc...

Ta

I've fitted heated elements to mine... PITA, took days and isn't an easy job at all. There is very little room for sliding in the elements - near impossible.

Also have to cut and replace a lot of hog rings which is rather fustrating due to lack of space.

If you have cloth seats they might stretch more and should be a lot easier?

Edited by Crocket

Exactly as above really...

SWMBO has bought me a cheap heated seat cover for Chrimbo as I've been complaining that the Fabia that I use for work doesn't have heated seats whereas Octavia does.

It plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and works well but rather than strapping it on top of the seat I was debating taking the elements out of it and fitting them under the OE seat covers and then hard-wiring it in via an ignition switched relay...

Ideally I'd like to just undo the back of the OE covers and slide the elements in rather than taking the seat out and fighting with the whole cover and hog rings etc...

Ta

This may help you decide if it can be done...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/154853-fabia-vrs-seat-cover-removal/

J.

I've changed the covers on my rear seats and didnt find it that difficult, you find the easiest way to do it half way through!

I have thought of getting some aftermarket elements of ebay and having a go mysel.

Keep us updated if you do decide to tackle it and how it goes :thumbup:

On a Fabia 1.4 TDI (MK1 2007 Ambiante) I am thinking of retro-fitting heated seat elements, does anyone know whether the wiring loom is already fitted to the vehicle ready to receive the heated seat connectors.

Thanks in anticipation.

DB.

• 6 months later...

Just bought a Skoda Fabia elegance and the heated seats don't work; checked the fuse and checked to see if there is voltage going to the connectors (with a volt meter) which there is.

So could it be the black control boxes on the bottom of them or is it the heating elements are gone? Can you get these elements from Skoda? :/