Octavia mpg

Sorry i have been here before but i bought an octavia 2.0tdi dsg elegance with 3000 miles on the clock yes 3000 miles the problem i have i am only gettin 32mpg brim to brim and on the computer 2 set i have been reading other owners and they seem to be getin well over 40 should i take it back to the dealer

Thanks

What sort of driving - is that stuck in traffic around town all day or on a run out on the open road? Also, your driving style will also affect the figures as will having DSG so it's not always easy to make like for like comparisons.

Edited by Phil_P

I am lucky to get 35mpg (4000 miles on car) if just doing a short cold start run which I am unexpectedly having to do a lot of at moment and for foreseeable future GURRRRRRRR But when car was brand new I got 49.5mpg ish on a 900 mile drive and same drive back with a lot of weight in car 53mpg both ways included at least 50% cruise control (not the best thing for mpg) so the car can do it.

At the moment we are doin lost of short trips so that could be the problem, i think its set for the uk but not 100%sure will try and find out, we are driving the car very steady because of the low milage,

At the moment we are doin lost of short trips so that could be the problem, i think its set for the uk but not 100%sure will try and find out, we are driving the car very steady because of the low milage,

Short trips in cold weather will kill the average mpg. You are probably looking at 3-5 miles to warm the engine up to optimal running temperature.

You should be driving it normally.

Hi,I usualy get around 46-48mpg in the cold weather 4x4 DSG 2.0cr

But like a fool I filled up at Tesco over xmas, in the past Tesco's diesel has dropped the mpg on every car we have had and this time was no different 41mpg !

Where did you fill up ?

Hi,I usualy get around 46-48mpg in the cold weather 4x4 DSG 2.0cr

But like a fool I filled up at Tesco over xmas, in the past Tesco's diesel has dropped the mpg on every car we have had and this time was no different 41mpg !

Where did you fill up ?

I see absolutely no difference in mpg between Shell and Tesco, regular diesel at both. Of course it might depend where your local Tesco's is getting it's diesel from.

I see absolutely no difference in mpg between Shell and Tesco, regular diesel at both. Of course it might depend where your local Tesco's is getting it's diesel from.

Same here, I just use Tesco now as I get more points on my Tesco clubcard than I do on my Shell clubcard.

In the winter months my VRS diesel is doing over 50mpg on a run. I notice that any short runs are not nearly so good. I suspect its a combination of tight engine, short runs and cold weather preventing early warm up.

From new, my computer was not zeroed for 9 months.

Car commutes 25 miles per day round trip through urban areas with maybe a couple of miles dual carriageway where I can get up to 70 for a short while.

Computer reading was 47mpg

Reset computer mid December prior to driving across Holland and Germany, average speed 85 / 90 for most of way. Comp reading 57mpg

tootled around a small German town daily for 10 days with a rapid run back to Holland ferry. Cumulative reading for all trip 53mpg.