Headlight Tint

Thought i'd have a go at tinting my headlights so bought some vinyl that was advertised for headlights here's the pics,

Before:

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

After:

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

I was quite proud of my work but thought it was pretty black and pretty think whilst applying but continued as it was only a couple of quid, thought i'd get the practice lol, so i turned the headlights on, bearing in mind i've got HID's it was as if a candle was in the headlight, here's a pic with the indicator on:

IMG_0983.jpg

Very dim so i removed it and have now ordered some other stuff thats smoked not black, at least i've had a go and now know i can do it, roll on the new stuff!

Ha ha that is very dark mate! Did you have a look at Lamin-X?

Yes mate but this stuff was £2 for enough to do both lights and the new smoked stuff i've ordered is £4 odd. If this newer stuff looks ok but starts to come off, might get the proper stuff.

Looks like a police fine too black to me.

definitely lol might as well drive round with a sign saying pull me!

Aha! Bit too dark. Makes the car look evil though.

Does look good in an mean looking way B)

Haha!! It does look great! shame the lights are non excitant through it! would window tints work you recon?

Think this is similar, it all depends how much light it will let trough, i think the new stuff i've ordered lets 80% through

• Like 1

I know the black lights are about £100 each, not too bad considering the price of some headlights!

But the only problem is the difference between the H7 of the chrome an H4 of the black pack

Dunno about the monte, they're probably the same lights?

I know the black lights are about £100 each, not too bad considering the price of some headlights!

But the only problem is the difference between the H7 of the chrome an H4 of the black pack

Dunno about the monte, they're probably the same lights?

Monte uses H7, or at least mine does.