Headlight Tint

While I agree on not seeing the point in tinting head lights as its counter intuative to me.

Who is tinting Xenon's as they are unfortunatly not an option on a MK2 Fabia we get stuck with normal lights

Who is tinting Xenon's as they are unfortunatly not an option on a MK2 Fabia we get stuck with normal lights

The OP

so i turned the headlights on, bearing in mind i've got HID's it was as if a candle was in the headlight, here's a pic with the indicator on:

OK from what you are saying he didn't buy the car with them, but why fit a xenon kit and then tint them? :think:

I am all for cosmetic modifications .. but not at the expense of practicality.

The OP

OK from what you are saying he didn't buy the car with them, but why fit a xenon kit and then tint them? :think:

I am all for cosmetic modifications .. but not at the expense of practicality.

Oh come on !

The guy made a mistake tinting them, don't be so serious. He's seen the funny side of his mistake and is rectifying it emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

I mean ANY tint at all.

WHY??

Any tint is going to reduce their output / effectiveness, so why upgrade your bulbs only to reduce the output again?

I'm sure he feels so much safer now you've pointed that out to him emoticon-0114-dull.gif

have the new tints arrived

Not yet they are cheap ones all the way from hong kong lol

The suspense on this is killing :)

:D shouldn't be long

Agreed ! (Drumroll) emoticon-0100-smile.gif

:D It will be well worth the wait I'm sure :giggle:

The OPOK from what you are saying he didn't buy the car with them, but why fit a xenon kit and then tint them? :think:I am all for cosmetic modifications .. but not at the expense of practicality.

The originals i put on were way to dark, hence the reason i'm going for lighter ones, if these still don't let enough light through then these will be coming off, i'm trying to find a happy medium of decent light and looks.

I'm sure he feels so much safer now you've pointed that out to him emoticon-0114-dull.gif

:thumbup: I sure do!

Some people are old before their time Jon :giggle:

:giggle:

I have today received a 100cm x 30cm length of smoke tint from the Bay, just to try on my rear lights

Paid the princely sum of £15 delivered, so way cheaper than Lamin-X, but way dearer than yours

No estimated date for fitting yet though :(

Think i seen that stuff for sale, was it pictured on an Ibiza?

Your better off waiting for a bit better weather, i found as quick as i was heating the other stuff it was going cold straight away.

Think i seen that stuff for sale, was it pictured on an Ibiza?

Not sure, but there is a video on the ad to demonstrate how to fit it

I'm certainly not venturing out in these temperatures anyway

Theres a couple of ways to fit it some people spray water on then heat the vinyl on and squeegee the water out, looks a good way but i just done it dry :o

I think when you use slightly soapy water it allows you some movability :) but I guess doing it dry is braver as you cant make as many errors! :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Looks really good, I wanted the black lights on my 2010 Fabia but was told the bcm wouldn't allow it to work properly and skoda quoted 2 hours to just wire them up at a rate of £95 and hour so thought my tint like you have