CUP HOLDER

NICNAK

Had the car for almost 5 yrs now, :clap: but when i bought the car i requested a cup holder that fits a the side of the radio, was told they dont fit on a vrs se model, so is this right cos would love one cos fink they are handy to have as the one in glove box lid is basically useless... :rofl:

Utter rubbish mate. You can have one fitted to the SE just on the left side of the radio though

Thought as much, it seems that the dealership 'savilles' have on more than one occasion fed me bull****t, :wall: that really bugs me. thanks for that buddy, appreciate it :happy:

Standard part listed in the original catalogues as an OEM dealer fit part for all Fabias to fit/replace the vertical blanking/cover plate on the left hand side of the stereo!....... B)

I have both (can take pictures if you like). I find the one in the dashboard is good for 'tall' things as the one that replaces the ashtray is limited in that you can't put a travel mug or a bottle of pop or anything in it, as it won't fit under the bottom of the center of the dash, heating controls etc. It's up to you really, work out what you want to put in it (and whether you use the ashtray too I guess).

I think its more like 50 once you've included postage, dealer around here was more or less the same price though.

Thanks cerealkiller!!!!!!!!........ :thumbup: ....thayt looks very useable and way better than all the others that I have...Bugger!!!!.....why didn't they fit that as standard?????

More mods!!!..... :giggle:

Wrong link you got there which got me confused!!!!

right link.......

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Ashtray_%26_Gear_Knob_Surround_6Y0857951B47H

B)

Nope, checked my order history, the one I posted was the one I bought, think that one is for the ashtray, not the cup holder that replaces the ashtray.

Items Quantity Price Total

Fabia 6Y Old Shape Up >07 In Dash Cup Holder (Elegance) (6Y0862531H47H)

1 £30.83 £30.83

Fabia 6Y >07 Centre Console Cup Holder to Replace Ashtray (6Y086326747H)

1 £4.61 £4.61

Subtotal £35.44

Delivery Parcel Force £8.65

+VAT (20.0%) £8.82

Total £52.91

Nope, checked my order history, the one I posted was the one I bought, think that one is for the ashtray, not the cup holder that replaces the ashtray.

Fabia 6Y >07 Centre Console Cup Holder to Replace Ashtray (6Y086326747H)

1 £4.61 £4.61

Subtotal £35.44

Delivery Parcel Force £8.65

+VAT (20.0%) £8.82

Total £52.91

I recon you got a deal as the seller made a mistake!!!......cause the link I put up says cupholder to replace ashtray inc gear stick surround and it looks exactly like the item that you have as there is no join/cut line between the gearstick surround bit and the ashtray/cupholder bit!... B)

Nope, if you search through old threads, the one I've ordered is the correct one, its not just the cup holder but the full part. Have a look at http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/103506-do-you-have-one/

Reckon if you order yours, you'll get what it says on the tin, "Ashtray & Gear Knob Surround", you'll get a ashtray and surround as opposed to a cup holder ;)

Nope, if you search through old threads, the one I've ordered is the correct one, its not just the cup holder but the full part. Have a look at http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/103506-do-you-have-one/

Reckon if you order yours, you'll get what it says on the tin, "Ashtray & Gear Knob Surround", you'll get a ashtray and surround as opposed to a cup holder ;)

Confussed now......very....... :S

I read the thread and by gear knob surround I was thinking this part .......

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/103506-do-you-have-one/page__view__findpost__p__1282628

and thats alot of plastic for £5!!!!

I'll have a word with the parts man at my local Skoda place as I know him quite well........

Had the car for almost 5 yrs now, :clap: but when i bought the car i requested a cup holder that fits a the side of the radio, was told they dont fit on a vrs se model, so is this right cos would love one cos fink they are handy to have as the one in glove box lid is basically useless... :rofl:

They do fit. I have one.

after seeing the pics of the in dash cup holder, i couldnt resist ordering one. it arrived this morning, but how do i get the blank out of my dash to fit it? i have a 06 fab if that makes any difference. any help is greatly apreciated.

after seeing the pics of the in dash cup holder, i couldnt resist ordering one. it arrived this morning, but how do i get the blank out of my dash to fit it? i have a 06 fab if that makes any difference. any help is greatly apreciated.

Problem solved

SledgeHammer1.gif

:)

The blank should just pop out, might be easier if you pull the radio out slightly to get hold of the edge of it.

thanks for all your advice, was a bit nervous about pulling bits off my dash. but as you said it just popped right off without any fuss, took out the switch blank and the cover off the heater controls, and had it in within minuites. thanks again for your posts.