Leaky fabia:(

matt_j

Hi all it appears my cars leaking passenger foot well is wet doesn't seem to be tracking frm anywhere that i cn see it's weird it's only like the middle of the carpet is wet yes it could be pooling but gots me puzzled any ideas?

Sounds like blocked scuttle drain chanells, the water comes in behind the glove box and goes straight under the carpet. Remove the wiper arms, lift the scuttle cover(the black plastic cover at the bottom of the screen), you'll probably break the clips so get some replacements, and remove the pollen filter cover under that to get access to the drain channels. You'll probably find lots of leaves etc stuck in there.

Cheers dude i have replaced tht grommet as cut a hole in it but hole no longer required took scuttle off pollen filter out etc wasn't tht bad pollen filter bone dry puzzled very puzzled

B) The rear washer pipe goes through that side of the bulkhead so it could be damaged on the inside, or the common fault is the leaking door cards on the fabia. cheers - Stuart

I have just had my Fabia checked out and fixed by my mate Paul. He found that water was getting into the car from the rear passenger door seal the metal rim that the seal presses down onto was rusty and bent. He straightened it out and then made sure the seal fitted back firmly, he also then sealed it against the inside of the body where the water was flowing in after any water ran down the door. He also took out the underlay carpet as it was soaking wet to dry out. He will put that back when they are dry. He advised me to get a new rear door seal just to make sure. So I now know why I had soaking wet carpet on the passenger side, the water flows though from the back to the front. Just so you know you have to take the front and rear seats out to get the underlay carpets out. I hope that help, just pour water on the back door on the outer strip and you will see the water pour in from under the bottom of the door seal.

Ok will revist the rear door idea but these have leaked before and had tgem re-sealed under warranty but since then the drivers side rear has leaked because i had to reseal i dried it and used a whole tube of diw corning sealent to try and make sure it doesn't leak again

Not the door card or carrier, the actual rubber door seal. You will have to strip the carpet back then with you in the car get someone to pour water on the door, if the seal is loose or faulty in any way you will see the water run down into the footwell. Also check the door seal is firmly in place on the frame and check that for any damage ok mate. I hope that makes it a bit more clear as thats what went wrong with mine and now no more leaks.