Build week

paco

Expecting my Yeti March 2012, dealer say's "yeah, should be". Iv'e seen a lot of talk on here about build weeks ?---- what does that mean? how do you find out your build week?

You will get a confirmed build week 2 weeks before it is being built. Until then it is all guesswork based on the estimated lead times from the factory and will change frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will get a confirmed build week 2 weeks before it is being built. Until then it is all guesswork based on the estimated lead times from the factory and will change frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expecting my Yeti March 2012, dealer say's "yeah, should be". Iv'e seen a lot of talk on here about build weeks ?---- what does that mean? how do you find out your build week?

Paco,

When and what did you order? I ordered a CR170 Elegance (with velux and a couple of other bits) on 23rd May 2011 and I've been given the same information. I too am getting a bit worried as I would have expected a build date by now.

I'm getting a bit stalled of the wait now.....

:(

Paco,

When and what did you order? I ordered a CR170 Elegance (with velux and a couple of other bits) on 23rd May 2011 and I've been given the same information. I too am getting a bit worried as I would have expected a build date by now.

I ordered my 170 Elegance on May 20th, collected 3rd December. You should certainly have received an expected build week, perhaps contact SUK giving them your order number, I always found them to be quite helpful.

Possibly the pan roof is the hold up.

Oh, OK, :S i'm a bit worried now.

I can confirm that SUK Customer Services - 08457745745 - are very helpful if you have your Skoda Order Number available. The Build Confirmed Week is only confirmed by the factory around 10days/2 weeks ahead, until then it remains Estimated.

:giggle:

Paco,

I have the same car on order (170 Elegance with sunroof and other extras). Also ordered in May. Dealer is expecting the car soon, though I won't collect till 1 March. My build week was 1 or 2 of 2012, can't remember which.

Paco,

Steviek, I ordered a 1.2 petrol se with heated screen [grown accustomed to them with fords] 25/11/11. Expected wait 8-10 weeks, I thought that's fine i'll pick it up in March with a 12reg plate. B)

Steviek, I ordered a 1.2 petrol se with heated screen [grown accustomed to them with fords] 25/11/11. Expected wait 8-10 weeks, I thought that's fine i'll pick it up in March with a 12reg plate. B)

1.2 Petrol Elegance DSG with the sunroof, ordered mid-October and build week 2. (rolling out of the factory as I type... I hope)

Everybody has different tales on how long it takes - I mapped my waiting time of 8 months on my signature which I have now removed but there is a permanent link to it in my current signature.

I made the mistake of reading every single post that came out on the Forum soon after I ordered - the result was that when it arrived it was a slight anti climax because I knew everything about it before it was built!!

Everybody has different tales on how long it takes - I mapped my waiting time of 8 months on my signature which I have now removed but there is a permanent link to it in my current signature.

I made the mistake of reading every single post that came out on the Forum soon after I ordered - the result was that when it arrived it was a slight anti climax because I knew everything about it before it was built!!

If the builds are taking so long 6-9 months, what Is the position with canceling an order? I understand that you have a contract to buy but if not delivered after 6 months you may just change your mind.

If the builds are taking so long 6-9 months, what Is the position with canceling an order? I understand that you have a contract to buy but if not delivered after 6 months you may just change your mind.

I was quoted 20-26 weeks and am now on week 34. The broker I'm using (autofinders) state that I will have the right to cancel (which I won't - I've waited this long...) if the anticipated delivery date is delayed by more than 12 weeks.

Best be worth it!!! :doh: