Boot Liners

Big Rich

We have a topic here where i found a custom fit boot liner, I have since found another custom fit boot liner. so i thought I'd start a new topic to make it easier for those looking for these options to find.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First option is a soft PVC version made by hatchbag.co.uk they do two versions depending on the type of floor, There are lots of customisation options available for each.

Quote from their website: "Our Standard Boot Liner will protect the base sides and back of the rear passenger seats. Designed and tailored specifically for each vehicle in Tough, HARD WEARING, Easy to Clean and Maintain PVC fabric which is manufactured on a nylon mesh base."

Version 1: Boot Liner - Skoda YETI - with Lowered Floor (No Spare Wheel) - 2009 on

Version 2: Boot Liner - Skoda YETI - with Raised Floor - 2009 onwards

I've emailed them asking them 2 questions:

Q1 - With the Rear Plus (WITH Seat Split) can the centre section stay upright when the centre seat is used in the armrest mode. So it effectively acts as a barrier between the boot and passenger compartment.

Q2 - With the middle Yeti seat able to be removed and the 2 outer seats slide towards the middle. is their an option that can allow for the changes in seat configuration. Such as making the Rear Plus in 3 sections 1 per seat so that the changes in configuration can be accomodated.

Reply from HatchBag

Thank you for your enquiry.

There are LOT of options on the Skoda Yeti - we can manufacture over 250 versions of this one model!!!

In respect of the Rear Plus (with Seat Split) Option - one of the photo's on the first file that I have attached shows the Yeti with the centre seat back folded and used as you describe as an arm rest. In this photo the "straps" that go round the headrests on the centre section have been released, the Velcro seams opened and the centre section of the liner lowered with the seat. For the option that you require - just release the straps on the centre headrest and fold the seat leaving the Velcro seams closed - this will leave the centre section of the liner upright - held in position by the liner either side.

As you have identified "one" of many seat configurations allows the centre rear passenger seat to be removed - the Left & Right Rear seats can then be re-positioned alongside each other. We can make provision for a Rear Plus Option with a centre single opening to correspond with the re-positioned rear seats.

HOWEVER - with the rear seats in the "non-standard" position as described there is a "void" created either side between the repositioned seat and the side of the vehicle. This does mean that for certain uses (carrying certain "active" dogs) - and with Rear Plus Options the fit and functionality can be adversely affected. This also potentially applies to the first scenario that you described where the HatchBag is used as a "barrier" with the centre seat used as an arm rest - if you create a void behind the liner functionality "can" be reduced - it all depends on how you wish to use the car and what you are carrying!!

Assuming that you require a "non-standard" use for the liner then we can potentially manufacture and supply - subject to your calling to discuss and order by phone (or order and on-line and then call to confirm any variations) - my Direct Dial 0151 346 8751 (Monday 0900-1700 - Friday 0900-1500).

We have had a couple of customers who have taken delivery of their Yeti's only to find that the boot configuration is different to what they were expecting (one was actually placed by a Skoda Main Agent who got it wrong).

Sorry about the lengthy response - BUT - I would rather that you got the functionality that you require!!

Regards

Ralph Jackson

Sales & Marketing Director

BMB Hatchbag

www.hatchbag.co.uk

The second option is a hard polypropylene plastic made by boot-buddy.com they also do two versions depending on the type of floor, there are lots of customisation options available for each type which you really need to look at their website to understand.

Quote from their website: " Each and every Boot Buddy is desiged to give you maximum boot protection, with the least amount of hassle. We work very hard to GUARANTEE you get the best possible fit first time, everytime.

Your Boot Buddy will be designed and made specifically for your needs, be it protection from your hairy dog, DIY, Golf clubs, tools, or dirty garden refuse.

Each Liner is made of the same heavy duty polypropylene plastic and weighs approximately 4 kgs. The panel that protects the back of your seats is fully detachable to allow ease of fitting and has the added bonus of letting you drop your rear seats for longer loads without having to remove the Boot Buddy."

Version 1: Skoda Yeti (Spare Wheel In Boot) 2009 - Present

Version 2: Skoda Yeti (Spare Wheel In Boot) 2009 - Present

I've just read that Boot-Buddy are happy for people to come to their factory in Stourport-on-Severn

to "learn about all your boot liner and in-car protection options is to come and see us and our products in action! We welcome you and all of our website visitors to come and have a personal no-obligation demonstration of the products you may be interested in"

They also offer a Personal Measure and Fit service:

•They will professionally measure your boot, prior to custom making your boot liner.

•They will demonstrate all the products that are available for your car.

•They will then have any products you need made there and then.(Our new dog guards may take longer depending on availability, but usually these are sent out to you by courier service within a week or so).

•They will then fit all of your products for you, guaranteeing a perfect fit!

Most importantly, they will offer you a cup of tea or coffee while you wait!

The whole process usually takes less than 40 minutes! Satisfaction is completely guaranteed, so if you are unhappy, you don't pay a penny!

From looking at both of these manufacturers they do specify that they are happy to customise their boot liners to your requirements.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I find any other fully customisable boot liners I will post details here. Once i have the Yeti I'll be in contact with both to see who can offer the best solution for myself.

Edited by Big Rich

Arr yes, but they will tailor fit it to your requirements, so i would get them to make it so that the hooks could be used and so that access to the tie down points was available.

Hence why I'd physically go and see them as they offer to customise to your requirements at no extra cost.

Well, Now that the Yeti is with the dealers and there should be no reason why it isn't delivered on the 9th March I've booked a visit to Boot Buddy to get a boot buddy fitted to the Yeti the following Friday.

Spoke to a nice lady who advised that they can tailor the boot buddy to my requirements, access the tie down points, lower the sides so that rails are accessible. All my requirements can be discussed when I visit.

Will report back once done, with some photos aswell, if I remember to take the camera.

Now that is customer service! To get a detailed, reasoned reply like that! Wow. Both great finds Big Rich. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

Well I've now had the boot buddy fitted and I'm very impressed.

They made a few alterations so that the tie down points where available.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6850240458/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6996368845/

I'd have loaded thumbnails but I've breached my quota. Not sure how to resolve this

Hi Big Rich - I must admit it's hard to see where this fits in the pictures and what protection it offers in terms of the rear centre seat being dropped - have you got any photographs from the internal to show this? If you could give some commentary on how it fits in / where it protects etc that would be really useful... thanks in advance...

Sorry was in a bit of a rush this morning, But here is more detail on the liner. It's effectively a 4 sided box (bottom, Left side, Right Side, Rear) made of a tough poly carbonate material. The rear is connected to the base and side by velco at the bottom and press studs at the side. The base and sides are one piece folded to make the shape of the liner. (I've had the rear angle of the liner made differently, so that the rear seats cannot recline fully backwards. The reason for this was to allow our dog cage to fit.) If you want to remove it, it can be folded flat for storage.

I've had a none slip mat added as the liner is very slippery and a full width flap to protect the bumper when the dog jumps in.

More photos taken which should show this liner better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6850522312/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6996640347/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6996635677/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6850505758/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6996624845/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6996619749/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6996615875/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayfields/6850486680/

There are pro's and con's to this liner to be honest.

Pro's

Easy to fit, lifts in a out in 5 minutes, doesn't require any fixing to the car to keep it's shape.

Easy to clean, can be wiped, hosed down.

Extremely study.

Tie down points are still accessible due to openings cut in liner. (my request)

There is physical barrier between passenger compartment and luggage when any of the rear seat backs are folded down.

Con's

If you want to fold the rear seats and gain extra boot space you have to remove the rear section. (not much of a problem for us, but worth bearing this in mind)

Not possible to stow the parcel shelf behind the rear seats with the liner in, with the alterations I had made to the rear angle of the liner.

Access to the tyre inflator and towbar is restricted slightly as you have to lift the liner up to access this.

For the price I'm very happy £139.00 for everything.

Suits our needs perfectly.

i use this one in the back of my yeti for the dogs.its great as it can be washed but the best thing about this is the cover that you pull out and covers the bumper so the dogs cannot scratch it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-BOOT-COVER-LINER-WATERPROOF-FOR-DOGS-4x4-ESTATE-NEW?item=170665631418&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7140575061061059292

it goes right to the top of my seats in rear and i attached it on the sides by the bag holders so it does not effect the boot light.

i rate this 9 out of 10

here are some pics i took today.the four sides will reach the top of the rear seats but only if your car has spare wheel option.it is secured on by heavy duty velcro strips along with elasticted straps.the back section has handy press studs to lower back section if needed.i attached the sides by using the carrier bag holders, but what i like best is the flap that covers the bumper for when the dogs jump in without scratching the bumper.this can also be raised using the two zips.this allows all four of the boot walls to be covered and protected.

SDC12396.jpg

SDC12397.jpg

SDC12398.jpg

SDC12399.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

here are some pics i took today.the four sides will reach the top of the rear seats but only if your car has spare wheel option.it is secured on by heavy duty velcro strips along with elasticted straps.the back section has handy press studs to lower back section if needed.i attached the sides by using the carrier bag holders, but what i like best is the flap that covers the bumper for when the dogs jump in without scratching the bumper.this can also be raised using the two zips.this allows all four of the boot walls to be covered and protected.

SDC12396.jpg

SDC12397.jpg

SDC12398.jpg

SDC12399.jpg

Makro do one almost identical to this with Velcro fittings etc. and the part that covers the bumper is included. I have it it my Yeti for when the dog is muddy and it is available at the great cost of about £14.00 plus VAT. It is very strong and fits very well although a universal fitting

Is there a boot mat that fits the raised boot floor (spare wheel)?

I'm just looking for a mat for the floor/base of boot, not to cover the sides. Carpet or rubber would do.....anyone?

@MarieK: I have rubber mat on raised floor and it fits- well kind of. I should move the rear seats a bit forward. I can post an image if you need it.

Best regards!

• Like 1

@MarieK: I have rubber mat on raised floor and it fits- well kind of. I should move the rear seats a bit forward. I can post an image if you need it.

Best regards!

Yes an image would be good thanks.

Just a point to remember about using trays like this: The raised lip means that it will not really bend, as would a simple mat or carpet. This can be a bit of a nuisance when you want to get to the 'spare' area below it; you have either to tip it up bodily or take it right out.

We had one in the X-Trail but couldn't decide whether it was a Good Thing or not.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

My Yeti,which has been on order since Jan,is at last due to arrive on 14th May.

I have been doing research on boot liners & was impressed with the Boot Buddy.I wonder Big Rich,whether your Yeti has the spare wheel option,as mine has?

I'm no expert & have never seen the difference,but it looks as though yours does not.I only ask as I'm wondering about the amount of space available as I will have a dog crate in the back.

Many thanks

Deb

Hi no Betty is a Greenline so no spare wheel. The boot liner should be fine with the raised floor as they have a they do a version specifically for this

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am looking for a cover that will fill the boot space  and also give protection to the folded flat rear seats so I can put golf clubs and trolley in without marking or dirtying the rear seat backs. I was thinking that a thin ribbed rubber would be best option. I would only have it in the car when i was carrying the clubs .