boosting poblems

gav c

Heys guys my stage 2 vrs doesnt seem to be boosting proberly. It spikes at 10psi and settles at about 8psi although the car still pulls like a train. Any 1 any ideas where to start lookin ive had a look at the vac pipes and they all seem ok. Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine went in thursday and they just cleared any fault codes so cant see why they would have? Is that when it started boosting low?

Im not sure as i put the boost gauge in after crimbo.

It's worth unplugging the MAF & seeing if the car runs better. If it does you have a dodgy MAF.

Check all the boost pipes especially the one that goes into the top of the DV, & the 2 small braided pipes on the inlet manifold. They are notorious for splitting & because of the braid very difficult to spot splits. There's also a S shaped pipe under the inlet manifold that splits, & that's hard to spot splits unless you remove it.

you need to get it on vagcom otherwise you will be there forever

if you log what i said then you can either see the maps been wiped and its running standard or the actual boost is miles away from requested will show a boost leak or damaged turo ( last unlikely )

you will also see if there are any faults logged

someone local must have a copy of vagcom